Menu

The radio station played(country music)

Holy cow. I'm not familiar with the third song, so I will have to look it up. And then I will probably join you. :crying::crying::crying: I love Don't Blink and You're Gonna Miss This. I wish my 18 yr old daughter would let the message of You're Gonna Miss This sink in.

(Don't Take the Girl is a great one, too.)

It's been how many years now? 18ish years since Don't Take the Girl was released? It still guarantees tears for me. Ev.er.y.time.

Today is 5yrs since my mom died. How Can I Help You Say Goodbye would have me in the fetal position tonight.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I am not a coutry fan, LOL, so I don't know those songs.

Anita Baker's I love you just because and Nickelback's Far Away always pull at my mom heartstrings. I belt them out to the kids while driving to keep back the tears, and they just roll their eyes at me. I always feel the love, cause I know it's the response to my terrible singing, not the heartfelt song lyrics. :D

lol....I thought I was the only person driving around sobbing at country songs! Happens all the time. Now that I'm pregnant it is almost daily!

Don't take the Girl certainly does, almost every time. "This Ain't Nothing" does too. But honestly, right now, as hormonal as I am, lots do.

Oh, and "Christmas Carol". That one will have me sobbing too hard to drive!

lol....I thought I was the only person driving around sobbing at country songs! Happens all the time. Now that I'm pregnant it is almost daily!

Don't take the Girl certainly does, almost every time. "This Ain't Nothing" does too. But honestly, right now, as hormonal as I am, lots do.

Nope, a lot of country songs make cry. Those 4 definitely get me. Those 4 in a row. Crying buckets. If I had been pregnant, it would have been red faced, snot nosed, hiccuping sobs. So....there's the silver lining. I wasn't pregnant and no one had to see me like that!

I heard "If You're Reading This" bunches while I was pregnant. Ugh.

Don't Take the Girl

Don't Blink

How Can I Help You Say Goodbye

and You're Gonna Miss This

in a row. :glare:

I was a blubbering mess. Tomorrow I'm listening to Top 40.

What are songs that make you cry?

I don't listen to country so I don't know those songs.

But the titles of every one of them could be the title for a Dr. Who episode. :D

I'm always sobbing by the end of Christmas Carol and Sir, I want to Buy These Shoes.

I don't listen to country so I don't know those songs.

They are sad, sad, sad.

But the titles of every one of them could be the title for a Dr. Who episode. :D

:lol: Next time, I'm going to think about this and try to make them less sad.

Hubby watches Dr. Who, would Don't Blink be for those creepy angel statues? Gah!

All on my iPod. I had no idea they still played "How Can I Help You to Say Goodbye." (I actually typed that in time to the music... :001_huh: )

Our local country station used to have people submit a block of songs to be played at noon. I think it was 4 songs and they would dedicate them to someone for whatever reason. Some of those line ups would have me bawling all over the place! :tongue_smilie:

Did you see the movie with Rob Lowe and Kimberly Williams Paisley based on the song The Christmas Shoes? :crying:

I love Christmas Carol!!!!!!!! I mean, I cry, but what a wonderful ending!!!!!

(OOOOOOOH, now I am loving my country music roots and wanting to dig out all the old stuff - Daddy's Hands. That one is really close to my heart!)

They are sad, sad, sad.

:lol: Next time, I'm going to think about this and try to make them less sad.

Hubby watches Dr. Who, would Don't Blink be for those creepy angel statues? Gah!

Don't Take the Girl - When Amy is kidnapped by The Silence

Don't Blink - Weeping Angels

How Can I Help You Say Goodbye - When Donna Nobel has to have her memory wiped

You're Gonna Miss This - When the 10th Doctor takes Rose to the future to witness the last day of Earth's existence.