Menu

A joke my daugther sent me...made me think of the ladies here

I don't usually post jokes or funny pictures, I figure we get enough of those through facebook and email. But this one made me think of the well trained mind.

So Heisenberg and Schrodinger are driving down a highway...

Police: *Sirens*

Heisenberg: *Stops car*

Police Officer: Sir, do you know how fast you were going?!

Heisenberg: Uhhmmm no, but I can tell you where I was.

Police Officer: (to himself) That's suspicious. *Searches car*

Police Officer: Do you know that there was a dead cat in your car?!

Schrodinger: Well, now I do.

:lol::lol:

Edited by Denise in Florida
fixed formatting

I got it but only because we recently watched a past episode of "The Big Bang Theory" that talked about Shrodinger's cat.

Apparently, Schrodinger has become a thing on Big Bang Theory. There's an outtake I just love: Leonard sits down at the lunch table and says something about using Schrodinger's equation and the audience just loses it. Utterly disrupts the scene. The actor who plays Leonard turns to the audience and says, "Really?" Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Must go try out the joke on my men.

:lol:

There's a similar joke:

Heisenberg and Shrodinger are on their way to a party at Einstein's.

Heisenberg: "Next exit, take a left and then a right, and we're there. And by the way, there's a cop behind that billboard."

Shrodinger: "There may or may not be a cop behind that billboard. We won't know until we get there. But it doesn't matter because we're only going fifty five."

Heisenberg: "Oh, great. Now we're lost."

But the cat in the trunk adds a nice touch, IMO. :lol:

Jackie

This is the background for the joke, only read if you want to.

Schrodinger's Cat is a thought experiement (paradox) explained in wiki as:

Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, a flask of poison and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor detects radioactivity, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty principle states (per wiki again):

In quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle is any of a variety of mathematical inequalities asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle, such as position x and momentum p, can be simultaneously known. The more precisely the position of some particle is determined, the less precisely its momentum can be known, and vice versa.[1]

So the two men are traveling but can only determine where they were, not how fast they were going. The cat with them was both alive and dead until an outside observer determines its condition.

Hope this helps.

:lol::lol::lol:

We are a house with a PhD physicist and a child who groks physics. So yeah, we get it.

No PhD (yet) but 2 with the groking (grokking? :confused:) & we're :lol:

And now I need to try to find the Big Bang Theory outtake....