Menu

One last (I hope) CPO question- if you use the free online pages

How are you using the free CPO texts  

1. 1. How are you using the free CPO texts

• I did the entire text using the free pages- used iPad- it was a great experience
    • I did the entire text using the free pages- used iPad- I would have rather had the text
    • I did the entire text using the free pages- used Android tab- it was a great experience
    • I did the entire text using the free pages- used Android tab- I'd have rather had the text
    • I did the entire text using the free pages- used laptop- it was a great experience
    • I did the entire text using the free pages- used laptop- I'd have rather had the text
    • I started off using eBook version on tablet but switched text - much better this way
    • I started off using text and switched to eBook version on tablet - much better this way
    • I started off using text & switched to eBook version using laptop - much better this way
    • I recommend you have both eBook version on iPad AND the text- there are good reasons for both

Are you using the entire text using the free pages available online? Do you have an iPad to do this? A laptop?

I currently only have a laptop and really have no desire to use the entire book on the computer, I guess I'm technologically challenged that way. :tongue_smilie:

I'm wondering if it works well on iPad? Can you turn the pages by flicking the screen? Is it easy to use? Do you regret not having an actual textbook or are the savings worth it?

I'm considering splurging for an iPad so we can use the free CPO pages. :D Afterall, it would save us some money, right? :001_huh::tongue_smilie:

Let me see if I can get a poll going. :001_smile:

The ebook works great on iPad. We used it as a supplement for Earth Science last year. This year we are doing the Life Science for our whole program. You can flip pages as well as skip ahead or back. The dc love reading on the iPad, and you can zoom in to see diagrams or charts. We also use the ebook with investigations.

I put it on iPad in the GoodReader app, which has more bells and whistles than I know how to use. Yes, I can flick the screen to turn the pages.

But dd doesn't like the glare on the iPad screen. So I also got a used text for about $15.

We're using it for co-op this year. The class is mixed as to whether kids are using it on computer or with print copies. One girl carries her mom's phone to class since she has the text loaded on that, and she wants to be able to consult it that way. Having it on an iPad or a phone is certainly less bulky than the book!

But I like to sometimes have several pages open at once, and flip back and forth, which I understand how to do with a paper copy since it's just a matter of sticking fingers in the appropriate spots. I'm not sure how to do that easily in GoodReader other than constantly entering the new page number I want -- can I open several pages simultaneously and toggle among them? I've no clue.

Edited by GailV