Menu

do you fold your underwear?

Swellmomma, all these personal questions! :tongue_smilie: Yes and yes. Or at least that's the plan.....sometimes the load of whites just stays in the laundry basket and we pick out things as we need them. *ahem* and then when we wash more whites, they also get dumped into the laundry basket.

ETA: Oh, I lied. Ok, I fold the adults' underwear. The kids' just gets thrown in the drawer. I've tried folding those little things and they just get unfolded anytime they take a shirt out, so I don't bother anymore.

Edited by meggie

I have to share a little problem my DH has. He is addicted to nice wool socks, much like Dumbledore. Especially thick, hand knit wool socks. He's got like literally 50 pair of wool socks. We should own sheep. And they're ALL unique and need to be sorted. It would be like a dream for all his socks to be exactly the same. :001_wub:

Otherwise, I sort the socks, but otherwise do not fold underwear FTR! :D After this thread, I may be done sorting. My kids can do it, right?

Before I had children and I had time for such nonsense, yes, I folded my underwear. Now, it gets thrown in the drawer. DH's gets folded as he wears boxer briefs so they seem more fold-worthy.

Socks get paired and one folded over the other.

:iagree:

My mother would be horrified. She used to IRON underwear and then fold them and then put them away.

No on the undies, yes on the socks. (I fold matching socks together)

:iagree:

Unders get messy as soon as you try to locate a certain pair (like when you are wearing white pants). My bookshelves and unders go in the same drawer, so likewise everything gets messy when I look for a certain shelf for a similar reason. I figure why even try?

I'm just happy if I manage to get them out of the laundry basket and into the drawer. I do roll my DH's boxers so they fit better, you know, when I manage to get them out of the laundry basket before he starts using them. Folding laundry is my least favorite chore.

absolutely not. I see no reason to fold my underwear. Now Dh's boxer briefs, and ds's boxers, those get folded as they take up more room. But bikini style panties? Of course not.

I also, gasp, don't match or fold my socks. I find it takes less time each day to grab two that match than to sit there folding and matching them all at once. I am careful though to only buy the same kind most of the time.

Before I had children and I had time for such nonsense, yes, I folded my underwear. Now, it gets thrown in the drawer. DH's gets folded as he wears boxer briefs so they seem more fold-worthy.

Socks get paired and one folded over the other.

This. Dh's boxer briefs get folded and put in a nice neat pile in his drawer. Everyone else's are just thrown in. I usually match and fold my socks, dh's socks, and dd's socks. Ds always wears mismatched socks so I don't bother folding his.

I fold dh's and the boys' underwear. I straighten and flatten mine and my girls'. I used to fold my underwear, but don't bother anymore. Socks are matched and the top of one pulled down over both socks so that the pair stays together. And I hang my bras to dry, so they tend to be on hangers on one side of my closet. (I especially like the hangers with the notches for camis, etc.)