Menu

Winter Promise customer service struggles...help!

DianeW88

Ok, I'm feeling much better about the whole thing. I received the promised materials today and there was a note of apology. I'm hoping this was just a minor blip and I will continue to do business with them. Plus, everything is so PRETTY, it just took my breath away. Those ebooks.....stunning.

Edited by DianeW88
typo

So sorry to hear this, it's why I no longer consider buying from them...

The way I used to get my stuff in the past was to send an email that if I didn't have my materials by XX date, that I would file a claim with my cc company (or paypal, or you get the idea...)

I always had a refund or a reply within 24 hours of doing this.

I gave them 3 chances of buying materials, as I really did enjoy their programs. But in the end it's not worth the drama. I don't have time to hound them nonstop for materials I paid for. :(

I would continue calling and emailing daily until things are resolved. Start the day with the phone call then document a summary of what was said in an email you send to remind them of their claims.

How did I get around this? I ordered a program that was not revised, was in print already and I ordered in May. Though I know this is not always an option.

Called back again and they were sent immediately. I'm happy for that. I hope I don't have to call back repeatedly for the rest of it!

I love their stuff and I want to continue ordering from them, but I don't want it to be a big hassle. This is honestly the first time I've ever had a problem (although I've only purchased WP exclusives in the past), so it took me by surprise.

The new CAW materials are BEAUTIFUL! I will say they've put a lot of thought into it and I know I'm going to have a wonderful time with the course. It's well written and very comprehensive.

Crossing my fingers that the last half of the programs arrives within the next few weeks!!

Called back again and they were sent immediately. I'm happy for that. I hope I don't have to call back repeatedly for the rest of it!

I love their stuff and I want to continue ordering from them, but I don't want it to be a big hassle. This is honestly the first time I've ever had a problem (although I've only purchased WP exclusives in the past), so it took me by surprise.

The new CAW materials are BEAUTIFUL! I will say they've put a lot of thought into it and I know I'm going to have a wonderful time with the course. It's well written and very comprehensive.

Crossing my fingers that the last half of the programs arrives within the next few weeks!!

Has CAW changed much? It's one of their programs I am hoping to use at some point. I'm sorry about the delays I would have been really annoyed too!

Has CAW changed much? It's one of their programs I am hoping to use at some point. I'm sorry about the delays I would have been really annoyed too!

I'm really loving what I have so far...the first 16 weeks. It's very well done. Lots of options for fun activities, cultural experiences, videos, books to read, etc. I can see spending more time on several of the countries than they have allowed for, just because we'll be having so much fun with it.

The ebooks that come with the ebook package are really beautiful! Each page is a full color photo with text explaining the sight, custom, food, festival, landmark, etc. of the topic country. There is a book for each country being studied, and I'm really impressed with how they've done it. They are "tablet" books, so they are perfect for my Ipad. They fill the whole screen and the photos are stunning.

I also really like the student geography worksheets and the full color laminated maps. It's a very nice study of geography.

The cultural festivities look like a lot of fun. Some we'll go all out for, some we will probably just read about, but the option is there for some real hands-on learning. I know we'll probably try at least one food from every country, even if we don't do the complete celebration.

All in all, I'm very excited about it. And I REALLY like that they've done all the work for me. :lol: