Menu

MIA after move - keys to china cabinet and desk! Where, oh where could they be?

Unpacking china and such and was ready to load up the cabinet when, much to my dismay, the key isn't in the door. Understandable, of course. But I have not found it wrapped in a box (and all the dining room stuff they packed is unloaded), in a drawer of the cabinet itself, or among the things from the "parts box." The movers took the actual parts box when they left last Friday. I suppose they thought it was empty??? Maybe it wasn't? Ack!! I had hoped the china cabinet key was among the curio shelf pins, but to no avail. Then I realized the center desk drawer also has a key. It isn't there either. Haven't gone through the desk boxes yet though.

I hope they weren't wrapped and thrown in a box! They are so small! I have tried to make sure I haven't missed anything. Packers have interesting ideas about packing things sometimes! I found all of my daily silverware wrapped in one big bundle in its tray along with a light bulb! :001_huh:

So, any ideas of where I might look? The china cabinet is old-ish. Probably from the 50's. Had a skeleton key. Desk is newer but had this FAT, short skeleton key.

What can I do if I cannot locate them? Can a locksmith help me with skeleton keys? I texted the moving company guy who said he would "check into it." Puh-lease!