Menu

A brag (honestly!)

My daughter (age 6) was invited to pre-team to start competing in January. She is very excited.

I don't know how long people usually take per level. Another girl was in for a year and was stealing the show as a level 4.

I don't think Victoria will be that fast though, even with a couple more hours per week.

I think we can handle the monthly cost. I'm a little more worried about the extras (uniforms, meets, etc).

Trying to think of something I could do to make a little money each month in order to have a fund for those things.

ETA: OOOPs! Gymnastics :)

Edited by 2J5M9K

Goodness, Janice! I don't need any more roller coasters!

LOL. I know you don't you've had more than one person needs.

Competitive gymnastics is an experience. I love to watch my daughter work hard to learn a new skills. I hate watching the frustration she feels of working through a fear that has suddenly developed on an apparatus. Her friends and coaches are wonderful and at the same time they can both be annoying :). The money, the money :D

Meets: working months on routines and skills and then watching them fall off an apparatus (especially beam) . Sitting in the gym for 4-5 hours after traveling several hours (or days) and knowing that her actual competition time is about 5 minutes long (kinda like swim meets).

We love the sport and we'll do it for however long dd is committed. It is a huge sacrifice for our family. It will be one of the last things we give up if we have to make choices.

Enjoy the ride!

Congratulations to Victoria!

Both of the gyms our daughter has been at have not really done much of a pre-team. From what I understand at her first gym they tried out for the L5 team and that is how things seem to go at her current gym as well. I'm not sure why it is different here. Perhaps our team coaches just didn't want to answer or predict when kids will get their kip (that lovely L5 gatekeeper skill).

Congratulations to Victoria!

Both of the gyms our daughter has been at have not really done much of a pre-team. From what I understand at her first gym they tried out for the L5 team and that is how things seem to go at her current gym as well. I'm not sure why it is different here. Perhaps our team coaches just didn't want to answer or predict when kids will get their kip (that lovely L5 gatekeeper skill).

:lol: