Menu

Prayers for my marriage. . .

:grouphug: Praying for you. Been thinking of you. :grouphug:

Beautiful things can and DO happen even in the worst of marriages.

This is so very encouraging and something that so many of us need to hear again and again. Thank you for sharing this, Denise. :grouphug:

Thank you for all the prayers. It doesn't look good, though - he doesn't think he wants to try to fix it and although we do have a counseling session scheduled for tomorrow, I think he's already out the door. I'm sick to my stomach and heartbroken and will continue to need the prayers.

Thank you for all the prayers. It doesn't look good, though - he doesn't think he wants to try to fix it and although we do have a counseling session scheduled for tomorrow, I think he's already out the door. I'm sick to my stomach and heartbroken and will continue to need the prayers.

:grouphug: I bid you strength.

:crying: Still praying for a miracle.:grouphug:

I will keep praying for your family. You are strong and can do, alone if need be, what is the best route for your children. My own kids and a lot of prayer were the source of my strength over the last few years when I had to make the jump.

If he is, indeed, out the door, please don't be passive as you sit in prayer. Please get legal counsel.

If an affair is involved, there is a set of typical behaviors (on his/the other woman's part) that you should become aware of.

If there is abuse involved, especially if it is "just" verbal, there are things you should be aware of.

If there is addiction involved, there are things you should be aware of.

I'm praying for you and your children.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry I know exactly how you feel. Mine dragged it on for a year. He went to counseling, but didn't bother trying. I am a rip the bandaid right off kind of girl. I'd rather not ease it off, it's like slow torture.

I don't regret fighting to save my marriage though. I did it for God and for myself. I loved him unconditionally and forgave all. I begged and pleaded for him to give us a chance, but he didn't want to. It really has transformed me and changed me more like Christ. That is our purpose in life to become more Christ-like. Above all love God with all your heart, soul, and mind. 2nd love your neighbors. I learned to love someone who was unlovable. I learned to love even the girl. She sat across from me on the pew every Sunday.

I learned also how much I am worth in God's eyes. You are lovely and perfect when God looks at you. You are worthy. God sent His son to die just for you because He loves you that much. Let GOd's love fill that whole inside you due to this pain.

God blessed me with the oppurtunity to have an awesome testimony for Him.

The scripture that God gave me is 2 Corinthians 2:5-11 .

Just know that no matter what God has good planned for you. When you can't remember that pray for God to give you the belief. Remember the man who said, " I do believe; Lord help my unbelief." Mark 9:24

He has provided for me in everyway. I am not in want of anything. He will provide all for you as well.

I'll be praying for you.

:grouphug:

I will pray for you for sure, I have been praying. I must tell you though, you need to get a good lawyer when you get one. I work in a hotel and I cannot tell you how many women I work with who work a full time forty hour a week job and work a night job with me as well as take in room mates after their kids go to college, because they tried to be nice during the divorce. They hoped to reconcile when their husbands got over their new fling. This never happens, the woman just ends up working herself to death.

You never save money with a cheap attorney, never, you cannot afford to play nice with a divorce, never. Please, beg, borrow, work three jobs, but get a good lawyer if it comes to that.

I will pray for you for sure, I have been praying. I must tell you though, you need to get a good lawyer when you get one. I work in a hotel and I cannot tell you how many women I work with who work a full time forty hour a week job and work a night job with me as well as take in room mates after their kids go to college, because they tried to be nice during the divorce. They hoped to reconcile when their husbands got over their new fling. This never happens, the woman just ends up working herself to death.

You never save money with a cheap attorney, never, you cannot afford to play nice with a divorce, never. Please, beg, borrow, work three jobs, but get a good lawyer if it comes to that.

:iagree: Completely!

This. Wish it weren't true, but this.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you. May the Lord give you wisdom beyond your years and clearly reveal the truth of the whole situation to you so that you can make the best decisions for yourself and your kids if/when that time comes. Praying that you won't come to that point and that your dh's will turn back toward you. :grouphug:

This is what I posted very early in this thread, and my feelings haven't changed a bit, particularly in light of your latest update:

I don't know what's going on, but it sounds serious. I hate to mention this right now, but I think it should be said... if there is any possibility that your dh is doing something that will eventually lead to a divorce, please seek legal counsel right now, so you know your rights and so you won't be blindsided by anything that happens later.

I always say that it's best to pray that things will work out, but to be prepared in case they don't.

If you believe there is even a halfway decent chance that your dh wants out of the marriage, you need to be prepared, and that means contacting the very best divorce attorney in your area and finding out what steps you need to take in order to protect yourself, your kids, your home, and your finances.

PLEASE do not wait to do this! By seeing an attorney, you are not actually filing for divorce -- you're simply being prepared IN CASE things don't work out between you and your dh.

I hate to say this, but if your dh already seems like he wants out of the marriage, he may be appeasing you by going to counseling... while he's getting all of his ducks in a row with his own attorney.

Remember, he might be a great guy throughout a divorce, but don't count on him acting like "the man you married," because in this case, he will be "the man who wants a divorce so he can start a new life and he's going to need some money and a nice place to live," so his main priority may very well be to look out for his own interests.

And if you even remotely suspect that there is another woman involved, the need to see and attorney is even more crucial. It is amazing how many "other women" (or "other men" for that matter) are able to influence a person into trying to cheat their spouse and kids out of all of the money and assets.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, and I hate to sound so paranoid and negative, but I have seen many friends go through divorces, and almost all of them regret that they didn't see an attorney sooner than they did.

I'm so very, very sorry. You're in my thoughts right now a lot. I'm praying for you and your dc.

I'm so sorry. No matter how bad things look, you WILL make it through this. I hope you gain peace and strength.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Again, agreeing with Denise. You WILL make it through.