Menu

Developing the Early or Rod & Staff Preschool Books?

LoveBaby

Since the R & S books are so inexpensive, you could go ahead and get them to have on hand. For that age, I'd probably get Counting With Numbers (my favorite) and Do It Carefully. The first book might be too easy for a 5 yr. old, and the B book is just coloring.

My dd did wonderful with the Rod & Staff preschool books. She was 4 in the spring when we completed them. She really enjoys writing, which I am sure was part of why she did great with them. For the price, I thought they were excellent.

We tried out SL P4/5 for her in the spring and ended up returning it because it was too easy for her and I felt like it was too disjointed. Obviously, I did not work all the way through the DEL books, but from what we did they kind of touch on different skills than the Rod & Staff books. What we used (1st book), they used less writing and would not be overkill with Rod & Staff.

Edited by danybug
typo

I did the R&S ones with my 4-year-old.

I tried the DEL ones with my 5-year-old, but we quit because we both found them to be kind of boring and there were a lot of "listening" activities where I had to look up the directions in the back and do the whole exercise together. It was more parent-intensive.

I did the R&S ones with my 4-year-old.

I tried the DEL ones with my 5-year-old, but we quit because we both found them to be kind of boring and there were a lot of "listening" activities where I had to look up the directions in the back and do the whole exercise together. It was more parent-intensive.

:iagree: