Menu

Once Upon a Time Theories

Who do you think Dr. Whale is in the Fairy Tale world, and why? Dd thinks he's connected to Regina, but possibly reluctantly like the Huntsman. Her reasons for thinking that are the way he looked when he remembered who he was, and the blue fairy went immediately to comfort him and see if he was okay. She thinks he could be Merlin for several reasons.

First of all, most of the time characters' professions in Storybrook reflect who they were in the Fairy Tale world. The fairy tale equivalent of a doctor would probably be a wizard. It's possible the name Dr. Whale could refer to Merlin's ability to transform into any animal. They've been keeping his identity a secret a really long time and there's been a lot of hype built over who he could be. So when they do reveal his identity, it has to be a major fairy tale character that we would all recognize. And everyone knows who Merlin is.

Lancelot will be a character in the second season, which opens up a door for Merlin to enter into the back story. She also thinks he might be the wizard who gave the enchanted red cloak to Granny.

Theories from a FB fan page have him favored to be Jack (of the beanstalk), Peter (boy who cried wolf/Red attacks thoery), or possibly Gulliver. His main connections to Regina, Snow, Emma, and Red don't give a lot of good options unless it's someone obscure or his name is an obvious misdirection and we'll all be doing a face palm when it's revealed.

I think Peter Pan is going to turn out to be Baelfire, Rumple's son, as it seems very possible that the vortex Bae went through landed him in Neverland. I also think that Bae will turn out to be Henry's father, since it doesn't seem like Henry would have landed with Regina if his only connection to FTL was Emma. :D

Theories from a FB fan page have him favored to be Jack (of the beanstalk), Peter (boy who cried wolf/Red attacks thoery), or possibly Gulliver. His main connections to Regina, Snow, Emma, and Red don't give a lot of good options unless it's someone obscure or his name is an obvious misdirection and we'll all be doing a face palm when it's revealed.

I think Peter Pan is going to turn out to be Baelfire, Rumple's son, as it seems very possible that the vortex Bae went through landed him in Neverland. I also think that Bae will turn out to be Henry's father, since it doesn't seem like Henry would have landed with Regina if his only connection to FTL was Emma. :D

This makes sense, possibly the magic worked wrong or something because he was suppose to go where there was no magic. I don't know about him being Henrys dad that seems not right, but you never know. I thought Mr. Gold made sure Regina got Henry?

I don't have any theories about who characters may or may not be. What intrigued me more was the introduction of magic into the world. Will the fairies also regain their power? Will Emma have magic of some kind? For all of Dr. Gold's remorse over Beauty, he seemed a lot more interested in gaining power than having her (again). I have to say that I watched the first show when it first came out and I wasn't nearly that impressed. I gave it another try a few months later and my husband and I both fell in love with it.

This makes sense, possibly the magic worked wrong or something because he was suppose to go where there was no magic. I don't know about him being Henrys dad that seems not right, but you never know. I thought Mr. Gold made sure Regina got Henry?

I think you are correct. I don't know, I just find it very hard to believe that Henry's dad will end up being a John Doe one night stand that is never heard from again. To my way of thinking, there's got to be a connection to someone magical and it'll be a doozy of a revelation when the truth is out.

I don't have any theories about who characters may or may not be. What intrigued me more was the introduction of magic into the world. Will the fairies also regain their power? Will Emma have magic of some kind? For all of Dr. Gold's remorse over Beauty, he seemed a lot more interested in gaining power than having her (again). I have to say that I watched the first show when it first came out and I wasn't nearly that impressed. I gave it another try a few months later and my husband and I both fell in love with it.

Oooooh, yes. That was my first thought when I realized what Gold was about to do. I like to imagine far reaching consequences of odd sorts since it's unlikely the magic will confine itself to Storybrook city limits. :tongue_smilie:

I'm not entirely sure that Gold's all about power but rather just someone with hidden agenda that we've only gotten glimpses of. But then again, I really want to like him on the principal that he's not really a bad guy, just a misguided one, so maybe I'm biased in how I view him.

I don't know if Emma will have some sort of magic or not. From what I've seen, not all characters are magical just because they came from a fairytale world. She's still the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, regardless of all else that happens. Although I do wonder how that knowledge will alter her relationship with Mary Margaret and David since she had always fluffed off Henry's belief of who she was. Well, to be honest I wonder that about everyone but moreso about them in particular.

We started watching OUAT at ep 1 and I have just loved it. It's one of a few shows on my must-not-be-missed and can-be-watched-repeatedly list. (The others are Doctor Who, Bones, and Big Bang Theory. Yes, I have very eclectic tastes in tv. :lol:)

I think you are correct. I don't know, I just find it very hard to believe that Henry's dad will end up being a John Doe one night stand that is never heard from again. To my way of thinking, there's got to be a connection to someone magical and it'll be a doozy of a revelation when the truth is out.

Oooooh, yes. That was my first thought when I realized what Gold was about to do. I like to imagine far reaching consequences of odd sorts since it's unlikely the magic will confine itself to Storybrook city limits. :tongue_smilie:

I'm not entirely sure that Gold's all about power but rather just someone with hidden agenda that we've only gotten glimpses of. But then again, I really want to like him on the principal that he's not really a bad guy, just a misguided one, so maybe I'm biased in how I view him.

I don't know if Emma will have some sort of magic or not. From what I've seen, not all characters are magical just because they came from a fairytale world. She's still the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, regardless of all else that happens. Although I do wonder how that knowledge will alter her relationship with Mary Margaret and David since she had always fluffed off Henry's belief of who she was. Well, to be honest I wonder that about everyone but moreso about them in particular.

We started watching OUAT at ep 1 and I have just loved it. It's one of a few shows on my must-not-be-missed and can-be-watched-repeatedly list. (The others are Doctor Who, Bones, and Big Bang Theory. Yes, I have very eclectic tastes in tv. :lol:)

I am with you on this all the way. I don't think it is power he wants exactly. Let's remember the scenes of him before the power. All he cared for was his boy and his boys safety. I think he doesn't want the fear of being helpless back again. No one ever respected him before, but now they fear him. He has that ecleast.

Dd thinks that Gold's desire to bring magic back is so that he can find Baelfire. If that's it, he would have a noble cause for bringing it back and still a likable character. He immediately regretted not going with Baelfire, so maybe all of this has just been to get him back. I hope so because I really, really want to like him and want he and Belle to end up happy together.

Dd is volunteering at the library right now, so I can't wait to share all of your theories with her. We have church tonight, so it will be late when I'm back on again.

Dd thinks that Gold's desire to bring magic back is so that he can find Baelfire. If that's it, he would have a noble cause for bringing it back and still a likable character. He immediately regretted not going with Baelfire, so maybe all of this has just been to get him back. I hope so because I really, really want to like him and want he and Belle to end up happy together.

Dd is volunteering at the library right now, so I can't wait to share all of your theories with her. We have church tonight, so it will be late when I'm back on again.

I can't wait to see if anything we think is actually what is going on! I read on some page there is another actor for Jack so that can't be who the doc is. I am still not keen on Mulan. Merlin would be a nice touch. Him and the queen could battle it out magic style!!