Menu

Anyone watching United Bates of America

I enjoy the show. The Bates seem to be lovely people. Last night was the first time that I watched it, but I've seen bits about them on ABC and on the Duggar's show. Their children certainly are beautiful and quite talented.

Last night, though, I was surprised that some of the older girls had not prepared chicken previously. In our family, it takes forever to cook fried chicken. If my kitchen was as large as theirs (and had the extra hands that they do), I'd probably put the older ones to work. It takes several pans at once to fry that much chicken, and one person is not enough (hard to keep multiple pans from overcooking).

With the Bates and Duggars, I watch their shows as I would anything entertaining. It may be a "reality" show, but it is really their life "edited". I try not to over-analyze or critique their life too much as I am not seeing all of it. I'm just seeing what the editors choose for me to see. For now, I just try to watch and enjoy or turn the channel.