Menu

ITBS--yippee! One child tests well!

Chris in VA

Not going to post scores or anything, but I just wanted to say I've very proud of my dd--she did very well on the ITBS. After having one not do so well on the SAT, it made me feel better that at least one child tests well in our house! (And the other has another chance, and is a fine young man, to boot.)

Now, can anyone tell me, does an ice cube float on the surface in a cup of water? :lol:

We "both" missed that science question!

Not going to post scores or anything, but I just wanted to say I've very proud of my dd--she did very well on the ITBS. After having one not do so well on the SAT, it made me feel better that at least one child tests well in our house! (And the other has another chance, and is a fine young man, to boot.)

Now, can anyone tell me, does an ice cube float on the surface in a cup of water? :lol:

We "both" missed that science question!

Yes, because ice is less dense (because of the way the atoms are arranged when frozen) than water, and it rises to the top. It's the reason that we have life as we know it on Earth. :-)

It's the reason that we have life as we know it on Earth. :-)

I would say it's rather an important concept, then! lol

I think we were confused because we had ice water (in glasses) and some of the ice was in the middle (you know, held down by the ice on top). It was just a brain f@rt moment for me!