Menu

First Day is done!

tuzor

Yeah! We had a great first day, too! It started rough because DS would not do his reading from McGuffey's....it was silly and he did not want to be silly. But, he did it! We managed math, grammar (2 lessons), reading, history, chemistry, and Bible in 1.5 hours with DS and DD finished 4 workbooks that we started last week. She was begging for more! It was a challenge with the baby, but we made it!

Glad your first day was a good one!

We also had a nice first day today. We filled out new "time capsule" surveys, then opened the ones from last year and compared the two. Very cute! We also put strings in their capsules to show their height, so they got to see how much they've grown in a year. We wrapped up our new capsules and they are ready to be hidden until next year. We also took first day pictures and completed Bible and math today. Tomorrow is the real test, when we are back to our full schedule. :tongue_smilie:

Today was our first day, too. It was a good day. We're starting off slow, concentrating on getting our morning routine down and introducing the new books and subjects. I just realized that we needed to have some time to get back into the swing of things and not expect too much at the beginning.

This is the first year I've had a First Day of School activity plan and it was a hit! I'm so glad and my school-disliking kid was having a good time today. We also had a great time praying together about our new year. And thanks to you, hive mates, because I got a lot of the ideas on this board.

Whew! It was a looooooooong first day, but very good. I don't know if I will have the stamina to work this long every day . . . but Miss P was great, and in a great attitude all day. We got a little less math done than I had hoped, but more Latin; we didn't feel rushed, and though we burned out a little bit at the very end (I could hear both of our stomachs growling) we did everything I had planned for us to do - which is somewhat rare! Here's hoping tomorrow is another good one.

Last thing I feel like is going in there and making dinner now, though :glare:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's good to see that many others had a good first day as well.

We had a great day as well! I've been trying to convince DS that taking so many breaks really makes school seem longer and I think he finally gets it. We had one 15-min break and got all of our actual work done in 2 hours with no whining and pretty high enthusiasm. So nice...

My older son is really into breaks as well. I try to get as much in before the breaks.

Today was our first day, too. It was a good day. We're starting off slow, concentrating on getting our morning routine down and introducing the new books and subjects. I just realized that we needed to have some time to get back into the swing of things and not expect too much at the beginning.

This is the first year I've had a First Day of School activity plan and it was a hit! I'm so glad and my school-disliking kid was having a good time today. We also had a great time praying together about our new year. And thanks to you, hive mates, because I got a lot of the ideas on this board.

We also did a First Day of School activity. It was fun. I look forward to saving the information and comparing with years tocome.

Last thing I feel like is going in there and making dinner now, though :glare:

Have you considered bulk cooking? It is very helpful.

Congrats! We had a great day here. Got our stuff done in the morning and had fun in the afternoon playing with friends and making cookies. We also watched The Sword in the Stone which I think counts for history as we are doing medieval this year. :tongue_smilie:

I hope this is on netflix streaming, I need to add it to my queue.

Our first day was...:svengo: We shouldn't have taken a summer break; we got lazy. The workload today was a little bit of a shocker, but it was also a lot of fun too.

I was worried about this. We took an 8 week break which is very long for us. Yesterday was only the first day so completing this week will give me a good sense if we can continue the long summer breaks or not. Hopefully today will be better for you than yesterday.