Menu

Wow. If only I could tolerate the cold...

A good friend of mine just bought a house for $9,999 cash. This is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house, basically in move-in condition. He said he's going to put in a new floor and paint the place before they move, but he could live there today and it's nicer than where he lives now just north of Denver without doing a thing to it. He took a 401(k) loan to pay for it.

The problem for me is that it's about 65 miles outside of Sioux Falls, SD. Too remote and, more importantly, too cold for me, but....man! To be mortgage free in a decent home would be the most incredible feeling. Good for him!

If anyone has a nice, move-in ready 3/3 home in a warm climate that they want to sell me for $10,000 I'll write you a check today. :D

You can do that elsewhere too though - I know I'm looking at houses that only need minor work in San Antonio that are in the $10k to $30k range.

My goal is to do the same thing - be mortgage free :D Then I want to start tackling the student loans and CC until I am fully debt free.