Menu

Teachers Lounge! 8-20-2012

Happy Monday!

Today in the lounge we're talking about hairstyles, stylists, and movies! Why? Because I'm going to get my hair done this morning AND I absolutely love movies! :D

So come on in, take a :chillpill:, don't feel you need to :auto: out of here. Relax! Or in the words of some younger folk, chillax.

What are you up to today? here: me visit to my hair stylist then coming home to watch a movie with the kids that will take us around the world and then we'll do some US History.

Do you ever do something completely different than what's on the lesson plans for the day? Here: too often I think!

Have you had your hair cut, permed, or colored recently? Was it a big change or a small change?

Talk to me! :bigear:

Good morning! Today we're starting our new school year and running errands :D Mama is celebrating with eating out for lunch today - we're having Bill Miller's BBQ :D

Do you ever do something completely different than what's on the lesson plans for the day? Sometimes. More frequent is we ditch school for the day and unschool

Have you had your hair cut, permed, or colored recently? Was it a big change or a small change? I confess, I have never permed or colored my hair :001_huh: . It's been at least 4 years since I got it cut - I really need a trim but haven't been able to find a local stylist who doesn't charge an arm and a leg and who has a private room to do cuts in.

We started today. The plan for this week is only 3 subjects--math, Latin, and history, and here it is almost 3:00 and we're about halfway there! We're a bit out of practice, everything takes explanation from me, and my disabled dd is home with us for a couple more weeks which slows me down a bit. We may only do math and Latin today.

After a disastrous experiment of growing out bangs for 10 months, I finally got my hair cut in June. Added in bangs and some long layers in front. I'm much happier. It's always a risk going to the cheap no-appointment type places, but I got lucky this time and had a stylist who knew what she was doing. I tipped well, so great haircut for $20.