Menu

Is anyone else starting school tomorrow?

Sharilynn29

they couldn't wait, but our first week of all subjects starts tomorrow.

This is our 9th year to home school and it sounds silly but I'm nervous.:glare:

Ridiculous....right?:D

We have so enjoyed time off to sleep in, read whatever we want, and have a pretty carefree schedule. No one is looking forward to being committed so to speak. But everyone in our family agrees that we want to continue to home school.

So ready or not.....tomorrow is coming!!!;)

We're starting tomorrow, even though it's 2 weeks earlier than the local schools. I've been printing and filing and finalizing, and I have all the library books for the first two weeks. The kids are chomping at the bit to get started.

I'm really looking forward to having a decent routine again. This summer was really crazy for some reason.

We start 7th grade tomorrow for my DD - DS started back a couple weeks earlier because he was SO excited :-) Also, DD just finished up a week of volunteer work, and I didn't want her to start school until after that was done.

So we start in the AM! I also am very excited, we have some NEAT stuff lined up for this year, and I think it's going to be great fun!

they couldn't wait, but our first week of all subjects starts tomorrow.

This is our 9th year to home school and it sounds silly but I'm nervous.:glare:

Ridiculous....right?:D

We have so enjoyed time off to sleep in, read whatever we want, and have a pretty carefree schedule. No one is looking forward to being committed so to speak. But everyone in our family agrees that we want to continue to home school.

So ready or not.....tomorrow is coming!!!;)

This is my 7th year, and I'm nervous too!

I love the not-back-to-school feel when all the pencils are sharpened, books lined nicely in a row, and my planner is nice and organized. I know it won't last, but I'm still super psyched!

I don't have my schedule worked out yet, but I do know where my pencils are and where the books are even if they're not necessarily all in a row (yet), but I'm starting tomorrow anyway. :p I spent this week working in the house trying to get projects done that i know I won't be able to do once school starts, but I do have all of my books and I know what I need to do for tomorrow. I'll get my schedule for the year worked out sometime this week. :)

Good luck in school! :)

ETA: This is my 10th year homeschooling dd 2nd year homeschooling ds. :)

Edited by Ibbygirl

We're starting tomorrow, even though it's 2 weeks earlier than the local schools. I've been printing and filing and finalizing, and I have all the library books for the first two weeks. The kids are chomping at the bit to get started.

I'm really looking forward to having a decent routine again. This summer was really crazy for some reason.

:iagree: I am in the same boat! I have everything ready this year and, even thought it has been 6 years, I still love the feeling of starting. We are doing TOG Year 1 (Ancients) this year and all last week we read the Cat of Bubastes to whet their appetite some. Tomorrow, we dive in to our second 4-year cycle, woohooooo!

And yes, after a crazy summer, I am definitely needing some routine;)

Have fun everyone!

We are!

I know what you mean, our pencil/supply box looks pristine today. Today.

I've got a list of last minute things to do, getting folders ready, dusting the furniture... :001_wub:

I'm excited, I even bought a new coffee maker with a timer. Hopefully that'll take the edge of the alarm clock tomorrow. Haha.

Here's to a great year everyone! :cheers2:

We're starting tomorrow too. Second grade. I wish I could say I'm excited...okay, I'm a tiny bit excited, but we just had company here for a week and a half and I want more time off first to relax. (Company stresses me out.) Summer just went too fast! However, I think I'd feel like we were wasting time if we sat around for another week, so tomorrow it is.

It doesn't help that DS isn't looking forward to it either. I'm pretty sure that he thinks being required to put pencil to paper (no matter how short the copywork, etc. is) is pretty much the worst thing in the world (aside from having to pick up toys). (Ok, I'm being a little melodramatic, but it's not far off!) (I like parentheses.)

Edited by Ellyndria

They have already picked out back-to-school outfits and are keeping their loaded backpacks upstairs so they can march off to school downstairs. :lol:

:D So cute.

We are half way through our year -still plugging away :lol: We don't finish till December.

We start tomorrow as well. I have had the hardest time getting excited about it this year. The kids' excitement is starting to win me over though. They have already picked out back-to-school outfits and are keeping their loaded backpacks upstairs so they can march off to school downstairs. :lol:

Cute take pictures.

We're starting tomorrow too. Second grade. I wish I could say I'm excited...okay, I'm a tiny bit excited, but we just had company here for a week and a half and I want more time off first to relax. (Company stresses me out.) Summer just went too fast! However, I think I'd feel like we were wasting time if we sat around for another week, so tomorrow it is.

It doesn't help that DS isn't looking forward to it either. I'm pretty sure that he thinks being required to put pencil to paper (no matter how short the copywork, etc. is) is pretty much the worst thing in the world (aside from having to pick up toys). (Ok, I'm being a little melodramatic, but it's not far off!) (I like parentheses.)

Company stresses me out as well. I need time to rejuivinate myself after company leaves.

We are. The pencils were bought last Friday and the electric dictonary was bought today. We are starting with review as not all books have been ordered and delivered. It should be interesting homeschooling three for the first time. My youngest is the most excited!!

I still feel like I am not ready and we started on the 13th of August. Seems like I was preparing since end of June/beginning of July. I was still at Office Max getting things spiral bound/copied organized etc.

We did do summer school and maybe that is what put me behind in organizing things.

I am going to laminate the Book discussion questions so we can discuss/dialogue over dinner today. Had to type it up, then print it out and now laminate etc. For some reason my printer won't print landscape. GRRRR!

I still don;t have all the books for history yet. Forget science---haven't planned that.

What do you do to prepare for the next school year?

For me:

1) rereading, highlighting the Well trained mind, go to this forum a million times, printing out the stupid state standards to figure out what to cover, have the kids write out their own goals on top of my goals for them

2)looking at our charter school website vendor list a million times, looking at what books we had at home, taking out old books not being covered for this year and storing it away (ancients, grade 2 and 4 stuff), making a shopping list from Rainbow resource and other catalogs, shopping at half price books, selling stuff at half price books

3)waiting for ES to return back from summer break to give her a preliminary list with all the names of items, item numbers, amount, where to purchase of shopping stuff

4) Printing out pages for the student planners, making schedules/chore list, organizing all the school stuff-sharpen pencils, get more bookshelves, storage stuff ugh...laminating what needs to be laminated. Printing out worksheets, family fitness one page summaries etc and spiral bound. Planning for extracurricular activities.

5) organize preschool area....maybe I need to come up with a Lunch meal plan for my daughters to prepare. drive to charter school twice to pick up various supplies/books for the year, coming years. Attend a back to school field day event at the charter school. Do one last fun thing before school starts.

6) plan for library days....what else do you do to prepare for the first day of school? ( I might make up a list to do list/with steps for the following year with how many days to spend for each step.)

7)prepared post partum curriculum

This years planning was so haphazard. I don;t want to repeat it again.

Edited by happycc