Menu

What is the point of spamming?

What is the point of spamming this board? Why do people do it? They have to know we are not going to click on any links or go to anything they post. Half the time the words don't even make sense. Do they really think we are that dumb?

It just annoys me to see all that spam on the boards this morning. I think it has become a pet peeve or something. In the great scheme of things it is not worth getting mad about, I know. It just irks me so much.

What is the point of spamming this board? Why do people do it? They have to know we are not going to click on any links or go to anything they post. Half the time the words don't even make sense. Do they really think we are that dumb?

When one blasts a shotgun, what is the point of the widest scatter which hits a tree on the next farm over?

I wonder the same thing. It's half new thread, half ancient thread. Sombody has to create an account and type the post - on the ancient threads, anyway, they seem to always be marginally related to the topic....

I think I just need to know the purpose behind such seemingly futile labors. Or at least that there is one.

I think, like in any business, there are good marketers and bad marketers. The bad ones are really obvious to us! Plus, like KM said, they'll hook a few unsavvy people each time, maybe.

I always think the same thing about the "Nigerian" email scammers--who on earth would send people large sums of money based on an email?! Yet people do it. DH knew someone who did, and who was trying to buy a house based on the payout he was expecting to get :(