Menu

Sound problems with Magic School Bus 52 episode dvd set....anyone else?

UmmiSays

Hi to All,

So I just got the Magic School Bus 52 episode dvd collection. A good portion of the episodes are missing the background music. We can still watch them just fine, but it is a little wonky without the music and sound effects. Has anyone else had this problem or did I just receive a bad batch?

Bummer! I read that review on Amazon too. Sounds like they were the only one out of all the other reviewers there that had that problem....and now you. :glare: We have background music and sound effects. We are watching them in a row and we are on the 12th episode and the only problem we've had so far is with Hops Home. It plays about 1/3 of the episode and then skips all the way to the end. No matter what I have tried we can't get the rest of it to play. I have fingers crossed that the rest of the set doesn't give us any more problems. Sorry that yours is doing this. Do you have a 2nd dvd player that you can try it on, just to see?

Edited by ~AprilMay~

Ok, they are playing properly on my computer. Also if I play the entire disc without selecting one episode at a time it will play properly on our main dvd player. Weird, but better than having to send them back.

Also AprilMay, try Gets a Bright Idea on disc 5 just to test if that is missing sound.

Ok, they are playing properly on my computer. Also if I play the entire disc without selecting one episode at a time it will play properly on our main dvd player. Weird, but better than having to send them back.

Also AprilMay, try Gets a Bright Idea on disc 5 just to test if that is missing sound.

That would stink, though, if you wanted to use one specific episode to tie in with a lesson.

OK...we just watched Gets a Bright Idea. There is background music and sound effects. That is really strange how it works properly on your computer or if you play all. I haven't been able to choose individual episodes because our remote & dvd player are so finicky...it won't let us move over on the screen to choose episodes. So we can only choose play all...but then we can skip ahead. So we skipped ahead on that disc and it plays just fine. Sorry if this wasn't much help.