Menu

Elementary writing: both ZB and Complete Writer?

UmmAbduRahman

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm going through the recommendations in WTM, getting ready for second grade.

Are we supposed to do Zaner-Bloser handwriting AND The Complete Writer (or other writing program)?

I did ZB K and 1 during KG, but last year for First grade I just did The Complete Writer. I thought that was all that was needed, but now that I'm reading through again it looks like we're supposed to continue the handwriting along with the writing. :confused:

Anybody else doing it "by the book" and can get me straightened out here? I gotta order the books!

Edited by UmmAbduRahman

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm going through the recommendations in WTM, getting ready for second grade.

Are we supposed to do Zaner-Bloser handwriting AND The Complete Writer (or other writing program)?

I did ZB K and 1 during KG, but last year for First grade I just did The Complete Writer. I thought that was all that was needed, but now that I'm reading through again it looks like we're supposed to continue the handwriting along with the writing. :confused:

Anybody else doing it "by the book" and can get me straightened out here? I gotta order the books!

Yes, I think you are both supposed to be doing something for penmanship and something for building composition skills.