Menu

Does anyone alternate WWS with The Creative Writer?

hsmom2011

I started WWS with dd in the spring. She is a reluctant writer, so we plan to move through it at a slower pace. I was also curious about The Creative Writer, so I just purchased a copy. I think dd will enjoy the creative writing aspect, but WWS might be a challenge for her. I thought about alternating the two throughout the school year. Has anyone tried this? If so, how has it worked for you?

We started WWS last year. We'll be starting back up on Monday in Week 8. Our plan this year is to do WWS (or other NF/lit based writing assignment) Mon-Thu, and she will do a CW lesson each Friday. Not sure if that is what you mean by alternating? Anyway, we'll see how it goes, starting next week!

I thought about doing it this way, I have also thought about spending two weeks on WWS, then two on Creative Writer, etc... Or two weeks of WWS, one week CW. I thought it might mix things up a bit, and give her a break from WWS from time to time so she doesn't get too frustrated with it.