Menu

Beast Academy...schedule

I don't think it's the type of curriculum you can schedule. Some parts will be easy and some parts will be very difficult and take the child a long time for just a few problems. And the easy/difficult parts will be different for each child depending on their strengths. So, if you need a schedule of some sort, I'd schedule an amount of time to spend on math and then just stop at that point each day.

I don't think it's the type of curriculum you can schedule. Some parts will be easy and some parts will be very difficult and take the child a long time for just a few problems. And the easy/difficult parts will be different for each child depending on their strengths. So, if you need a schedule of some sort, I'd schedule an amount of time to spend on math and then just stop at that point each day.

I can see how some parts will take longer then others, but I am trying to get an idea on an average schedule. Since it is meant for 3rd grade I figure it is intended to be completed in a year (understanding it might take some longer) so some sort of schedule on how to space it out for the year would help.

Anyone else?

I think precisely because it's a mix of easy and hard, you could get a rough plan for it. I am not using it anymore, except perhaps as an occasional supplement in the coming year, so I don't have one for you. But I think you could do it. Sorry not to be more help, but I think it's possible. (This is just an encouraging post.)

I can see how some parts will take longer then others, but I am trying to get an idea on an average schedule. Since it is meant for 3rd grade I figure it is intended to be completed in a year (understanding it might take some longer) so some sort of schedule on how to space it out for the year would help.

Anyone else?

Could you just have a goal of completing one book per quarter? That's the only thing I can think of. Then if it's getting close to the end of a quarter, you know you need to spend more time on math than usual. I guess you could make a goal for an end date for each chapter, too.

Could you just have a goal of completing one book per quarter? That's the only thing I can think of. Then if it's getting close to the end of a quarter, you know you need to spend more time on math than usual. I guess you could make a goal for an end date for each chapter, too.

:iagree: I don't see any other way to do it. My ds just started it. He's doing Delta in MUS (basically it's division all year, did multiplication last year) and Beast Academy so far has been very challenging for him since he has not had any geometry exposed to him previously. He's been moving very slowly at about 1 page a day (just 1 side, not front and back). However looking ahead I can the parts he'll zoom through.