Menu

Swim Moms?

My ds(9) just finished Summer Swim Team Today and has decided he wants to join the year round team in September. He wants me to get him some of those Swim Jammers(I think that is what they are called). I'm wondering where to buy them at? Any suggestions? He has been TIA:001_smile:

We order from swimoutlet.com. I'm not sure what stores you have locally,

if I need something same day, I go to Big 5. They are probably closing out swimming items right now so maybe you will find a deal.

Thanks we do have a Big 5. That was the one place I thought might have them around here.

Go somewhere where the staff can help you with fit. They need to fit snugly. You may find a local swim shop will be better than a big box store. Ask your swim team contacts. They will know. Check the sale rack - team suits that didn't sell are usually half off, sold as "practice suits".

Rinse the jammers promptly in cold water after each swim. Hang to dry.

Go somewhere where the staff can help you with fit.

:iagree:

Often a team will have a relationship with a local swim store. Ask the coaches if they do (of either team). The folks at this store can help with fitting, not just suits, but goggles, fins, etc.

Whew! I just did an order at Swimoutlet.com for my two swimmers.

May your van perpetually smell like chlorine.

I wish you speedy & successful hunts for lost swim gear.

And I pray that those goggle stay unfogged and the caps unripped.

Cheers to the new season!

Swimoutlet.com. If you are swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool, make sure to get jammers (like Speedo Endurance) that last in chlorine. Also, check with your team about the suits required for meets. Many teams prefer a logo swimsuit for meets, but will let you race as long as your (plain) jammers are the same color as the team jammers.

You guys are funny! Thanks to who ever suggested Big 5. I was able to get him a pair of Speedos for $22 and a pair of Dolphin brand for $17. The pool we use doesn't use Chlorine it is some kind of salt water. Also the group he will be starting in September meets 5 days a week for 1hr. We aren't required to come every day. The kids all start swim lessons at age 4 and my ds(9) did Summer Swim team this year. I'm already a little familiar with lost goggles and wet back packs.;) I will be at the Y every week day for swimming. Well we did that all Summer too.:lol: I had to get my dd new suits too and I was silly and waited until today. I could only find some at Costco and they didn't have any left my younger dd's size.

You guys are funny! Thanks to who ever suggested Big 5. I was able to get him a pair of Speedos for $22 and a pair of Dolphin brand for $17. The pool we use doesn't use Chlorine it is some kind of salt water. Also the group he will be starting in September meets 5 days a week for 1hr. We aren't required to come every day. The kids all start swim lessons at age 4 and my ds(9) did Summer Swim team this year. I'm already a little familiar with lost goggles and wet back packs.;) I will be at the Y every week day for swimming. Well we did that all Summer too.:lol: I had to get my dd new suits too and I was silly and waited until today. I could only find some at Costco and they didn't have any left my younger dd's size.

The Y is great! I always exercise while they practice. I walk on the treadmill, reading my kindle & listening to music. It's my personal retreat time.