Menu

Hmm.. should I becomne an Usborne consultant?

Should I? Anyone tried this, contemplated this, doing this?

My kiddos arestill young. We are a huge reading family. Is it really true you get a lifetime of 25% of all Usborne books once you sell the first $200? To me this seems like a no brainer. But, I am looking for any input. I do love Usborne books.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I've never heard of the lifetime 25% off, but that could be in the States for all I know.

I sold for a while several years ago. If you really want the books, it's a great way to build a library. Just remember to get the older kids books too while you're at it. A friend only got the younger books and regretted not getting more when she was selling. Unless you're a very serious seller, don't expect to make money other than the cheap books.

I'm still glad I did it.

Truthfully, I find A LOT of Usborne books at yard sales, library sales, etc, so I've always kind of wondered what the point was of paying retail for them when I didn't have to. And, along those lines, if the books are that prevalent at second hand sales, what's the benefit in being a consultant?

I have been one for about 5 years. Yes, you will always get 25% off, but the minimum order is $25 and you are either going to have to renew your website ($50 per year) or renew the ordering system for a month (about $1.25) in order to put that order in.

I was very active when I started and promoted to supervisor about 18 months into it. I pretty much quit about 2 years ago, but I still serve a couple of libraries. You don't really have anything to lose if the cost of the kit and you have people lined up for ordering your initial minimum. Having done Tupperware and Mary Kay, I can say Usborne has been the most straight forward and had the least amount of fees etc.

Truthfully, I find A LOT of Usborne books at yard sales, library sales, etc, so I've always kind of wondered what the point was of paying retail for them when I didn't have to. And, along those lines, if the books are that prevalent at second hand sales, what's the benefit in being a consultant?

:iagree:

I find them used a lot, but not always what I'm specifically looking for. I bought the history and science encyclopedias new, for example.

I've heard of people doing this, but I haven't heard of people making money on it. Just saying. I think people, especially moms, should always get into direct sales with really realistic expectations and a strong dose of reality. But if your goal is to get yourself the discount and offset a little book cost, but mostly just buy stuff, okay, that might be a realistic expectation.

I have been one for about 5 years. Yes, you will always get 25% off, but the minimum order is $25 and you are either going to have to renew your website ($50 per year) or renew the ordering system for a month (about $1.25) in order to put that order in.

I was very active when I started and promoted to supervisor about 18 months into it. I pretty much quit about 2 years ago, but I still serve a couple of libraries. You don't really have anything to lose if the cost of the kit and you have people lined up for ordering your initial minimum. Having done Tupperware and Mary Kay, I can say Usborne has been the most straight forward and had the least amount of fees etc.

You can definitely make money on it, but as with anything, you get out of it what you put into it. If you're wanting to make money then you'll have to put some work into it, but if you're wanting to get books at a discount and make a little fun money now and then, that is entirely possible too. It's very flexible, and since there are no minimums until you promote, it's OK if life happens and you can't do anything with it...you won't have to STOP being a consultant.

You can definitely find the books used, as with any other product (except probably make-up...ew!:lol: ). There are perks to paying retail from a consultant though (like a half-price replacement guarantee). It all depends on what you need, what you're looking for, whether you can actually find it used, etc. And of course you don't HAVE to pay full price - you can get books for free by hosting a party with a local consultant.

You can definitely make money on it, but as with anything, you get out of it what you put into it. If you're wanting to make money then you'll have to put some work into it, but if you're wanting to get books at a discount and make a little fun money now and then, that is entirely possible too. It's very flexible, and since there are no minimums until you promote, it's OK if life happens and you can't do anything with it...you won't have to STOP being a consultant.

You can definitely find the books used, as with any other product (except probably make-up...ew!:lol: ). There are perks to paying retail from a consultant though (like a half-price replacement guarantee). It all depends on what you need, what you're looking for, whether you can actually find it used, etc. And of course you don't HAVE to pay full price - you can get books for free by hosting a party with a local consultant.

I just made a large sale to a local library because most Usborne books will no longer be sold thru major retailers such as Amazon. To buy them new, the schools and libraries must go thru an independent consultant like myself and razorbackmama. The library here has a large demand for Usborne books and was looking for a new source for purchasing. It has to be the easiest sale I have ever made. The books sell themselves. The best part though is that I am doing this on my own time and my own schedule surrounded by encouraging people who are also patient with me.