Menu

Doing a language with young children?

lorisuewho

Last year my boys went to Greek school once a week. They really did not enjoy it at all, but I wanted them to be exposed to another language (and my husband and I are not fluent in anything other than English).

Since they didn't like it, this year I was going to do Song School Greek with them at home. I saw the program at convention and I was excited about doing it 2 times a week with the children.

But now I'm about to start schooling next week and I feel overwhelmed. The plan I wrote out for the year is great; I love it actually. But I love it in THEORY. I'm starting to get all the materials together and it just feels like TOO MUCH for ME (not for them). I pulled out the Song School Greek and all I could think is "I don't want to do this." I just want to focus on learning how to spell and read and write in english!

I feel guilty about starting a language and then dropping it, knowing they will forget all they learned last year if I don't continue. It will have been a wasted year of going to Greek school.

Should I press on since Song School Greek does look to be an appopriate program for their age group or should I just let it go?:confused: