Menu

could someone pls inspire me re: dinner

I just updated my meal planning page on my blog. If you scroll down a bit there is a list of 60 dinner/supper ideas. Maybe something there will help. If you need a recipe for anything in particular just let me know.

Oh, and those are main courses. Side dishes will vary so you'll have to come up with your own. And they are vegetarian plans. But adding beef/chicken/pork to most of them should be easy.

I needed to use up mushrooms and leftover wild rice blend, so I added a can of chicken, some broth and some carrots and made soup.

I added garlic, half chopped onion, mustard powder, parsley, curry powder, salt and pepper.

Seasonings were similar to this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-wild-rice-soup-i/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken%20rice%20mushroom%20soup&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

It was amazing.

Last night was chicken, broccoli and rice pilaf with pine nuts. Side of peaches.

Tonight is broccoli and cheese soup with salad and homemade bread.

I'm making Apricot Chicken tonight. The ingredients sound weird together, but it is SO good! Even the picky kids love it.

I made this on Monday night using Orange Marmelade instead of Apricot. I wasn't sure what Russian dressing was, but I used the Western French I had inthe fridge. I cut the chicken into strips and baked it for 30 mins covered in my convection oven. I then removed the cover and baked for another 15 mins. Oh my, it was delicious.

The original recipe I found said you could do it in the crock pot too.

I'm making Pot Roast tonight. Not terribly inspiring.

Here's my favorite recipe right now. The entire family loves it:

Chicken Marsala

Super easy, quick and yummy! I serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.

Chicken marsala is awesome with 1/2 marsala wine and 1/2 sherry wine. When cooking the mushrooms, add a bunch of shallots, too. Mmmmm.

We're having marinated chicken grilled on kabobs with zucchini & bell peppers. My marinade is a cherry ice cream sauce I made that needs to be used up (just cherries boiled with sugar) plus oil & balsamic vinegar (about equal proportions).

We'll also have grilled bread, which is my favorite new thing this summer:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/01/dining/01mini.html

I made this on Monday night using Orange Marmelade instead of Apricot. I wasn't sure what Russian dressing was, but I used the Western French I had inthe fridge. I cut the chicken into strips and baked it for 30 mins covered in my convection oven. I then removed the cover and baked for another 15 mins. Oh my, it was delicious.

The original recipe I found said you could do it in the crock pot too.

Mmmm...sounds good!

In an annoying turn of events, the chicken I thought I had thawing in the frig turned out to be a ROAST. :glare: I just put it in the oven to slow-cook, so I guess that's what's for dinner tomorrow night!

Now to go figure out tonight's dinner...:001_huh:

Mmmm...sounds good!

In an annoying turn of events, the chicken I thought I had thawing in the frig turned out to be a ROAST. :glare: I just put it in the oven to slow-cook, so I guess that's what's for dinner tomorrow night!

Now to go figure out tonight's dinner...:001_huh:

My fish isn't thawed for tonight - so we're going to Subway!

Hi Chelle! :hurray:

Blessings,

Angela

It is too hot to cook here. I fried up some bacon early this morning and I plan to grill some boneless chicken breasts on the BBQ, melt a slice of cheese on them once they are cooked, and slap them (with the bacon) on some croissants that I picked up on the day old bread rack.