Menu

need some Dr. Who gift ideas

I'd love to find a door curtain (fabric or bamboo) or a full door removable vinyl sticker (I guess that's the right word) to turn the door to my daughter's room into a Tardis door. I've seen some of the ones that you can put on after you paint the door blue, but I'd like to avoid doing that (it took so many coats of paint to cover the dark trim in our old house when we went to sell that I know my husband won't go for that ;)).

You can find just about anything Doctor Who if you google it plus whatever it is you are looking for.

I got this TARDIS mug for Mother's Day this year and I adore it. My BFF has the cookie jar that makes the TARDIS sound when you open it. She keeps it stocked with chocolate so we open it a lot. :D

I also have a TARDIS lunch box and we're going to build a TARDIS themed playhouse/tree for the kitties.

I'd love to find a door curtain (fabric or bamboo) or a full door removable vinyl sticker (I guess that's the right word) to turn the door to my daughter's room into a Tardis door. I've seen some of the ones that you can put on after you paint the door blue, but I'd like to avoid doing that (it took so many coats of paint to cover the dark trim in our old house when we went to sell that I know my husband won't go for that ;)).

Cool!

I just bought this print from Etsy. You can get them for a bunch of different episodes and you can request a different coloured background if you don't like the one listed.

These are so cool!

I think I'd have a go at knitting a scarf to match the Dr.'s.

I made a Dr. Who scarf for a young man who is a HUGE Dr. Who fan! It was insanely long but since it was all garter stitch, didn't take that long really. I might have gotten the pattern here: Dr. Who Scarf (It was a few years ago so I'm not 100% sure).

Lots of photos on Flickr, too.

There is a comic book store that I take my dd to that has a big Tardis hanging down from the ceiling. It's probably something like 6 feet tall. It's one of those nylon and wire doohickey type deals that you twist it a certain way to make it lie flat or twist it the other way to open it and it is full sized. I really want one!! :p I don't know if that could be found online (probably) but I know I'd love that for a gift. :D

There is a comic book store that I take my dd to that has a big Tardis hanging down from the ceiling. It's probably something like 6 feet tall. It's one of those nylon and wire doohickey type deals that you twist it a certain way to make it lie flat or twist it the other way to open it and it is full sized. I really want one!! :p I don't know if that could be found online (probably) but I know I'd love that for a gift. :D

Ask them where they got it!

I'd love to find a door curtain (fabric or bamboo) or a full door removable vinyl sticker (I guess that's the right word) to turn the door to my daughter's room into a Tardis door.

Karen, I was just browsing at Think Geek and saw this towel. It's nearly door-sized. Maybe something like that would work?

amazon has some posters and cardboard stuff. I don't know if you could epoxy the cardboard one to the door maybe?? It's supposed to be life sized.

Ask them where they got it!

I'm supposed to go there with dd tomorrow so I'll see if I can get them to tell me. :D

Okay, we're back from the comic book store. The girl in the store said they have a special guy who does all the ordering so she doesn't know where the giant Tardis came from, but she did say that we could email him to find out. The email addy is: tatescomics.com Just ask him where you could find the "giant Tardis that they used to have hanging from the ceiling" he'll know what you mean. They had it hanging up there for years. I asked here why it wasn't there and she said they sold it! It was the last one they had! Hope this is helpful to you. :)