Menu

Curriculum you wish YOU had when you were in School.

mom2bee

Pretty much everything we use really. Story of the World isone I would have loved, we only did history through short projects so I had no idea how it all fitted together.

We used MUS for a while and I really loved that (although my dd didn't) I would have got a lot from MUS as a kid as it has helped me understand things I can do but don't know why they work.

Edited by lailasmum

Did anyone else take this question WAY too seriously?:lol: For some reason this has stuck in my brain. I mean really, what does it matter? The past is the past, and books cannot be sent backwards, especially ones that were not written yet.

It's just weird, knowing that just one book could have totally redirected some of us to a whole other life.

I still haven't added any fiction to my list. I'm kind of stuck between what I would have liked vs what I think would have been better for me. :lol: And back then fiction was available to me, but not the nonfiction I needed most, and have already listed.

I would have loved a complete set of Henty :glare: And since this is a controversial subject I won't say any more about it, just that back THEN I would have gobbled the books up without knowing...well...without knowing :huh:

Edited by Hunter

I would love to have the benefits of a WTM education using Singapore or something similar for math.

Honestly though, when I was a child I would have enjoyed the things on Guesthollow's schedules, Drawing with Children, classical music & composer study, and read alouds even after I learned to read on my own.

Math that I could whip through at my own pace, non-graded reading so I didn't have to slog through reading lessons in K and 1st, and TOG! Not for the religious portion but for the reading. I would have been happy to sit, read, and discuss my way through school.

Seems many would love Singapore Math. I actually DID SM as a little girl, the very exact standard edition you see now. I hated it then :D . I only remember Math being a very competitive subject. The textbooks are the very fundamental for passing those exams. I remember having work cards with challenging word problems that get progressively harder but everyone loved it. Maybe it's only me. I ace

Math all through high school but I still hate Math:S

Seems many would love Singapore Math. I actually DID SM as a little girl, the very exact standard edition you see now. I hated it then :D . I only remember Math being a very competitive subject. The textbooks are the very fundamental for passing those exams. I remember having work cards with challenging word problems that get progressively harder but everyone loved it. Maybe it's only me. I ace

Math all through high school but I still hate Math:S

I would have despised Singapore, and in the hands of my negligent teachers, it would have been nothing but a trauma.

I went to a Christian school that used A.C.E. I thought it was fun, and it was easy for me. I would have LOVED something like Sonlight though (and probably would have retained more too). That's probably why I lean toward CM-type stuff for afterschooling DD.