Menu

Is it to early to start decorating for fall?

I'm so ready for fall this year. Wal-Mart had all the flags, cute fall flowers out. I bought everything...so do you think it's to early?

I'd do it if it would make the temps drop below F100 :glare:

Fall is such a nice thought right now, autumn is such a nice sounding word...

Heck no it's not too early! I love all things fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I keep trying to convince DH to set up the Christmas tree, but he's having none of it. Punk :glare:

:lol:

I'm very excited for the fall to start, even though we only get like a month of real fall weather

Oh, you gotta wait until at least September 1.

I agree. The month has to be part of the fall season. You wouldn't put up spring decorations in February right?

This may be a dumb question, but when you guys talk about decorating for Fall, what exactly do you mean? The only time I decorate is for Christmas and that is only in the living room and extremely minimal at that so I'm a clueless decorator. :)

I have decorations that go over the fireplace, I put out fall candles, and I switch the contents of some vases. Outside, I also start putting in cool-weather annuals. Eventually, my goal is to make pillowcases for our living room. Our home is decorated in neutral colors, so I would like to add color depending on the season. Neighbors put up flags, change door wreaths, and put pumpkins and scarecrows on the porch.

I have a couple of fall scented candles out right now. I am so ready for fall! I am sick of the heat & humidity of summer. It is ridiculous here. I think it's fine to do a little fall decorating now. I might do some this weekend in hopes that it will cause fall to arrive more quickly!:tongue_smilie:

We'll be in the mid-90s, so no fall decorating here.

I start fall decorating around Sept. 1, Halloween decorations go up Oct. 1, Thanksgiving decorations go up Nov. 1, and Christmas decorations go up the weekend right after Thanksgiving. That's my schedule.:D

OK, this thread is making me want to break all the rules and decorate for fall today. We are starting school next week, and I'm done with the planning. Now I have some extra time, which I won't have once we start school. Hmmm....

Me, too! I almost always decorate the weekend before we start school. Not this year. I cleaned a house yesterday (my job). The a/c was on the fritz. It was 95 in there. I'm still worn out and it's too. dang. hot. to think about fall, even for me.

Maybe next week. :glare:

Too Soon!

One of my pet peeves is the current rushing of seasons we see everywhere. It's hard enough to go into stores and see fall and Christmas decor available when it's still summer. I love fall, too, but won't decorate until after Labor Day.

My fall decor is an autumn wreath for the door, fall mantle decor (leaves, real and artificial, fake pumpkins), a few scarecrow things scattered around the house. My big splurge is scarecrows out front. I get those scarecrows you find at Hobby Lobby or Walmart and fix them up a bit. I use cheapo hats and bandanas to customize them for every member of our family. You should have seen the one I did the year we got a daughter in law--long veil blowing in the breeze. ;)

I get a few straw bales at the feed store and arrange a grouping of scarecrows sitting on or standing near the hay bales. I add real pumpkins and fake fall flowers to add color. A spotlight on a timer shines on them at night.

The scarecrows stay up until Thanksgiving--and I use them for several years so the cost is minimal. Love attic storage! I have a few ghostie Halloween things I scatter around in October and take down the day after.

Fall decor is fun and makes me happy. I love the colors of fall.

Okay, you've talked me into it....go ahead and decorate. Post photos!

Ok...you guys ....I will not decorate outside until September 5th. I will however decorate inside this weekend. I'm going to clean everything really good and then decorate with white twinkle lights, fall leaves, candles and other pretty items. No one will know but my family. ;) Then September 5th, the fall flags will go up, flower arrangements for the porch and cute decorative pumpkins will go out in the front and porch.

Too soon here in the southwest. (very south, very west) It's triple digits and won't be in the 80's until the beginning of October.

The very few leaves that are here don't even change colors. They just die and fall off around Thanksgiving. I decorate for halloween and then for thanksgiving. Then take everything down to decorate for christmas.

Well, I just realized I have decorative snowmen sitting on top of the piano that were never put away in the spring ! So since I am already decorated for winter.....you can certainly go ahead and get ready for fall ! :D

:lol: Christmas decorations are tricky...I always seem to find something I missed about a month after putting it all away...just think, you are ahead of the game. :D

La la la la la Fingers in ears la la la la la

Please do not use the F word here :lol:, I am still fully enthralled with the sunshine and summer heat!

:iagree: I'm not letting go of summer without a fight!

Y'all obviously don't live in TX! I love fall, but I'm ready for winter!

Oh, I love autumn! Go for it. I've always had an "unofficial" rule that I have to wait for my birthday, which is Monday. But I think I might cheat by a day or two and do it this weekend!! :D

I figure mid-August equals back to school around here, so it also is appropriate for fall decorating. Heck, high school football starts here tomorrow night!! Surely I can put out a wreath and candle, LOL!!