Menu

Alberta Canadians help with vacation Plans, please

I need some specific advice and recommendations from a few folks who are familiar with this area.

In a few weeks, my parents(in their 70s), the kids(10 and 13) and I are planning a vacation to the Banff/Jasper area. We'll be staying in our RV at the National Parks campgrounds for the most part.

What are the don't miss sites,attractions and activities? Have I overlooked something important?

So far, in Banff, I've thought about the Whyte Museum, Upper Hot Springs, The Minnewanka loop and maybe the boat tour.

At Lake Louise, we had planned to go on the Lake Agnes Teahouse hike one day. Is anyone familiar with horseback riding either at Lake Louise or Jasper? Which is a better location for a half day trip?

In Jasper, we thought about Icefields, some scenic drives on the Maligne Lake or Pyramid lake roads, Mt.Edith Cavell. Can you recommend any easy less than (3 miles) 5 km hikes? Are their any beautiful waterfalls that are easily accessed by road or short hike?

Does anyone know the Dinosaur Museum in Drummheller, or the Coal and Homestead Museum? If so what's are they like? Worth a trip to visit?

Thanks for the help!