Menu

WWYD: Saxon Grammar and Writing plus WWS

I'm working on lesson plan which have to give to teacher counselor for our local homeschool charter. Have Saxon Grammar and Writing 7th and Writing with Skill. We have to satisfy certain essay writing requirements:

autobiographical narrative,

descriptive narrative

Expository Essay

Persuasive composition

Response to lit - plot

Reading summaries

Fictional Narrative

Research report

Which I can see Saxon has lessons for. I'm not seeing it at all in WWS. I want to do WWS however. So would it be too much to do both the writing section from Saxon and WWS. At this point, would only be doing saxon writing portion two days a week. Son isn't a great essay writer at all.

Doing both would be too much for my oldest. We are on Week 11 of WWS and in the middle of Hake 5.

Could you figure out which ones are included in WWS and just cover those sections of Hake that don't overlap.

From what we have covered so far, I think each of the following are covered early on in WWS and if you take the sections where the outlining research has been done for them, you might even be able to make a case for the research report.

descriptive narrative

Expository Essay

Response to lit - plot

Reading summaries

Fictional Narrative

I'm working on lesson plan which have to give to teacher counselor for our local homeschool charter. Have Saxon Grammar and Writing 7th and Writing with Skill. We have to satisfy certain essay writing requirements:

autobiographical narrative,

descriptive narrative

Expository Essay

Persuasive composition

Response to lit - plot

Reading summaries

Fictional Narrative

Research report

Which I can see Saxon has lessons for. I'm not seeing it at all in WWS. I want to do WWS however. So would it be too much to do both the writing section from Saxon and WWS. At this point, would only be doing saxon writing portion two days a week. Son isn't a great essay writer at all.

For my DS 11, it would be too much to do both. He isn't a strong writer. I think I would only do the Saxon writing that covered things not covered in WWS.

Kim

Thanks. I think I'm being totally blind or was feeling overwhelmed yesterday. Just wasn't seeing the individual parts in WWS that covered each section. Guess I need to sit down, with some uninterrupted time, and figure it out.