Menu

100th birthday?

I think you can celebrate what would have been her 100th birthday.

I had an aunt who still celebrated her anniversary even though her husband was dead. She beleived that they were still married, just separated by her earthly ties... sweet but a little weird when she had a 50th wedding anniversary and invited everyone for a big party.

I think you can celebrate what would have been her 100th birthday.

I had an aunt who still celebrated her anniversary even though her husband was dead. She beleived that they were still married, just separated by her earthly ties... sweet but a little weird when she had a 50th wedding anniversary and invited everyone for a big party.

True love never dies! :001_smile:

Google Doodle celebrates all kinds of things. I'm not sure what the criteria for choosing who/what to celebrate. I know they did Mark Twain's birthday (I looked it up and last November it was his 176th birthay), and I remember the Pac-man doodle. I guess whoever does the Doodles really liked Julia Child!

I see it all the time. Mt. Vernon celebrates George Washington's birthday. I've also heard of folks celebrating Jane Austen's birthday, Beethoven's birthday, and many others. Doesn't seem odd to me at all. I'm with Diane - a great reason to enjoy a French meal!

Edited by Kathleen in VA
typo