Menu

UGH! I am getting sick and a WWYD?

What should I do?  

1. 1. What should I do?

• Go tonight, you should be fine by Friday
    • Skip tonight, get 100% well before your trip
    • I can't make this decision for you, put your big girl panties on!
    • Other

I am an extrovert. I know I am in the minority. :D

Last night we attended a party and we stayed from 2pm-9pm. I got home close to 10pm. It was a lot of fun.

Tonight I have an event to go to with some HS gals who I am good friends with. I really, really want to go. It will be fun.

HOWEVER, I am getting something, maybe a bug. Woke up with a sore or horse throat and a cough. No fever or anything.

I leave for TX by plane Friday morning to see my best friends in the whole wide world (we are all flying in except the friend who lives there) and spending 4 days together.

I need energy for the trip. Will going tonight hinder getting well enough for my trip?

Not sure what to do.

Need advice.

Dawn,

I would rest and make certain I was as close to 100% for the TX trip. It sounds like your HS friends are local and you can do that another time, but I am not sure.

I would want to be at my best to do a lot of fun things with my best friends in the whole wide world. :001_smile:

Edited by besroma

Not really......these gals and I are never quiet! :lol: Ok, well, it isn't going out walking around and dancing. It is just a dessert pot luck.

Is tonight's event a quiet one? Can you sit quietly and just watch and listen? I'd go if I were you -- tell the other ladies you're getting sick and have to be very quiet but that you want to be with them. They should understand.

I'll be one to suggest you stay home, unless you are feeling 100% better before noon.

I have a compromised immune system and someone must have been sick the last time we went out to dinner (public place), but no one in our party was ill. I ended up in bed sick for two weeks. It wasn't fun.

It is a pet peeve of mine about people consciously going out when they might be contagious.

Thanks.

I just received an email saying I am in charge of something tonight. Shoot, I thought this was just a social event.

I will call the person in charge in a bit.

It is something I have to take (sign up sheets and new member lists) that i have here. I don't live close enough to anyone to have someone else take it without driving fairly far (12 miles each way at least.)

I need to figure something out if I am not going.

Not really......these gals and I are never quiet! :lol: Ok, well, it isn't going out walking around and dancing. It is just a dessert pot luck.

Then I would go if I didn't have an active fever. When I have a minor bug, it's not like I sit at home and rest either. In some ways, it would be easier for my to take it easy outside my own space.

I have extrovert tendencies also. I love small get togethers.

Ok, it is 2pm and I feel worse.

I just called to tell them I am not coming and that I am sorry.

I'm sorry you're getting sick. Have you considered seeing a doctor to get some medicine, in the hope that it will help you recover by the time you need to leave for your trip?

Also, if you're flying, you're going to be spreading germs to a lot of other travelers on the plane, but depending on what you've got, being on antibiotics for a few days might make you less contagious to others.

I hope you feel better soon!