Menu

Honey Boo Boo was spotted at the local Walmart yesterday.

My friend was there and saw "Honey Boo Boo" and her family. According ot my friend, there wre several female college students there as well, and they all wanted to have their picture taken with Honey Boo Boo. The little girl acted like any other child her age until the girls started giving her attention. Then it was like flipping a switch; she began to act the way she does on television. :confused:

Oh don't ask!!! Once you watch her on TV your heart will break for this child and you'll want to rescue her from all the crazy adults in her life (parents and producers) who turned her into this .... what can you call it.

And then,

You'll want to rip out your eyes because you can never get her out of your head!

Oh don't ask!!! Once you watch her on TV your heart will break for this child and you'll want to rescue her from all the crazy adults in her life (parents and producers) who turned her into this .... what can you call it.

And then,

You'll want to rip out your eyes because you can never get her out of your head!

Do a thread search for Honey Boo Boo.

Click a link.

You will not be scarred for life. *She says with an evil cackle* :leaving:

She just acts like a normal kid to me - but all I watched was the clips on TLC. A little redneck, but she'd fit right in in my family :D

And then,

:iagree: A friend of mine was telling me yesterday about seeing the child and her mom and 12yo sister at the grocery store. My friend pointed out Honey Boo Boo (real name Alana) to her own dd14, and the mom & sister overheard. She had been acting like a normal kid until the mom & sister tried to prompt her to start acting the way she does on television. My friend said she could tell that Honey Boo Boo/Alana just wasn't into it, so she wouldn't do it. Around here, word is that the mom takes the child into Walmart stores all around the area--not on "official" visits, but purportedly just to shop--in hopes of getting the attention of customers, and then has her child "perform". It's just.so.sad.

Most performers have a switch where they "turn it on." She had an audience. She did what she has been trained to do.

:iagree: She's a normal kid, but with a performer switch. They aren't near as messed up as most celebrity and celebrity families. They aren't classy enough for your average, middle classed family who would consider them rednecks, etc. You know, they like to do things like toss cheese balls, attend the Redneck Games, and *gasp!* wash their hair in the sink since they all *even bigger sin* have only one bathroom ;)

:iagree: She's a normal kid, but with a performer switch. They aren't near as messed up as most celebrity and celebrity families. They aren't classy enough for your average, middle classed family who would consider them rednecks, etc. You know, they like to do things like toss cheese balls, attend the Redneck Games, and *gasp!* wash their hair in the sink since they all *even bigger sin* have only one bathroom ;)

The only thing I know about the show (I think I missed the other thread?) is that the mom gives the little girl a mix of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.

I can't believe I just got sucked into watching a few clips of that poor girl. EEEK! Just EEEEK! :blink:

I don't know what's worse- the fact that there ARE people out there who would do this to their own child or the fact that society condones this behavior by giving them their own television show and attempting to glamorize it. :001_huh:

Um. We only have one bathroom (because our house was built before indoor plumbing) and I sometimes wash my hair in the sink...

I will be home all day if TLC would like to come over and discuss my contract. :tongue_smilie:

Ah, stage parents. These have the added sin of not being rich. I think on the pageant circuit food pyramid, red bull and pixie sticks are the entire food pyramid.

I like June better than Isabella and Scarlett's mother. "You didn't get a crown, this is your sister's crown." & "Everybody is jealous of us because we have a private plane. I have the money so I invested $250,000 in glitz wear for my 12 month old babies." I haven't seen T & T in awhile. How *are* Bella and Scarlett doing these days, since you know, I assume they are walking now, as not walking was 'holding them back'. ;)

I watched all three episodes of Boo Boo on TLC. I liked that Sugar Bear brought home a gay pig named Glitzy. It was also fairly hilarious how they pretty much ran off the etiquette coach. :tongue_smilie:

I do hate myself. Yes.

Edited by LibraryLover

Road kill? Seriously. Like what? Dead dogs?

I'm surprised this family is the only family from T & T reported to CPS. Red Bull is the drink of choice for all those kids, it seems.

You know, for such a large family, I find their home surprisingly tidy and organized, if ridiculously overstocked with shampoo and paper goods. I'm not surprised the judge tossed out the charges. Such drinks are horrible, and maybe the pageants should ban it altogether. (Not sure how they could do that, obviously.) I think these parents are all ridiculous, but I don't see *abuse-abuse* with Alana. Not physical, not verbal. We don't take children from homes because their parents buy junk food.

The Honey Boo Boo grandmother hosted the baby shower at her home, and it was small, but well cared -for, inside and out.

Wealthy, pretty people are given far more slack for character behavior. If the mother was a size 0, I don't think there would be such an uproar, I really don't.

Edited by LibraryLover

So many questions. I'll start here:

1. Why do the pageant moms give them so much sugar/caffeine? What's it for? (I've never seen T&T)

2. What's this about her dancing on a table in a bar for dollar bills? And it was okay because it was a college bar?

3. What do they mean by roadkill? Something actually found on the road? Or a species of animal frequently found as roadkill?

Road kill? Seriously. Like what? Dead dogs?

I'm surprised this family is the only family from T & T reported to CPS. Red Bull is the drink of choice for all those kids, it seems.

You know, for such a large family, I find their home surprisingly tidy and organized, if ridiculously overstocked with shampoo and paper goods. I'm not surprised the judge tossed out the charges. Such drinks are horrible, and maybe the pageants should ban it altogether. (Not sure how they could do that, obviously.) I think these parents are all ridiculous, but I don't see *abuse-abuse* with Alana. Not physical, not verbal. We don't take children from homes because their parents buy junk food.

The Honey Boo Boo grandmother hosted the baby shower at her home, and it was small, but well cared -for, inside and out.

Wealthy, pretty people are given far more slack for character behavior. If the mother was a size 0, I don't think there would be such an uproar, I really don't.

:iagree: I watched the first two episodes and will continue watching. I actually like this family a lot! They laugh together. They play together. And, they don't care what people think. Sometimes I wish I could be more like that.

The issues people have with them are NOT problems. Yep. They're overweight. They're okay with it! Yep. They eat horribly. It's not against the law!! Yep. They're crass. And, funny!

I like them. I love watching their family interact. They have a lot of love.

LL,

I have not watched T&T, so I cannot speak to much of the behavior on the show. My guilty, shameful pleasure has been My Big Fat (sometimes insert American here) Gypsy Wedding. I keep trying to convince my dh that it is like watching any other anthropology show. He doesn't seem to buy it.

Frankly, I am at the stage of parenting where marrying offend teen girls and letting someone else deal with them seems like a good idea at times. :lol:

If the food police are going to arrest people, they might start with me. But, I have nutritionists to testify that they insist I give the kids ice cream every day.

I agree that beautiful and/or wealthy people get more breaks in this world, in general.

LL,

I have not watched T&T, so I cannot speak to much of the behavior on the show. My guilty, shameful pleasure has been My Big Fat (sometimes insert American here) Gypsy Wedding. I keep trying to convince my dh that it is like watching any other anthropology show. He doesn't seem to buy it.

Frankly, I am at the stage of parenting where marrying offend teen girls and letting someone else deal with them seems like a good idea at times. :lol:

If the food police are going to arrest people, they might start with me. But, I have nutritionists to testify that they insist I give the kids ice cream every day.

I agree that beautiful and/or wealthy people get more breaks in this world, in general.

I love that show! I see it as anthropological, too. And, like at your house, my dh isn't buying that it is really educational.:tongue_smilie:

I'll take a stab at this...

So many questions. I'll start here:

1. Why do the pageant moms give them so much sugar/caffeine? What's it for? (I've never seen T&T) To hype them up for the pageant so they will "perform" better/show more personality

2. What's this about her dancing on a table in a bar for dollar bills? And it was okay because it was a college bar?An article I saw said it was a restaurant that also had a bar... because that's classier?

3. What do they mean by roadkill? Something actually found on the road? Or a species of animal frequently found as roadkill?They said on the show they will eat deer that's been hit by a car. Technically road kill, but somewhat different than a small animal that's actually been plowed over by a car. It's certainly not unheard of in my neck of the woods.

I watched and think most of it is put on, like most reality shows. I love Alana's interactions with her pig Glitzy, too funny.

I'll take a stab at this...

I watched and think most of it is put on, like most reality shows. I love Alana's interactions with her pig Glitzy, too funny.

Glitzy isn't going to last, I don't think. He's a very noisy thing. Worse than any rooster.

Applebee's has a bar, doesn't it? TGIF as well? Those are pretty mainstream family places. (When I was a kid TGIF was a bar- like a nightclub. You needed an ID to get in after 6. Times do change.) It's not likely she was wearing a string bikini. She was probably wearing that little Ellie Mae outfit. ;)

I could see it being stupid, but harmless. (Not that any child of mine would do such a thing, but I do think it could have been fairly innocent.)

Wow. I am not the person I once was. I would have hung that mother out to dry when I was 22 or so.

:iagree: I watched the first two episodes and will continue watching. I actually like this family a lot! They laugh together. They play together. And, they don't care what people think. Sometimes I wish I could be more like that.

The issues people have with them are NOT problems. Yep. They're overweight. They're okay with it! Yep. They eat horribly. It's not against the law!! Yep. They're crass. And, funny!

:iagree:

:iagree: