Menu

Where is my stuff???

I own Latin for Children A, B and C...all 3 sets were on my shelf in December...now B and C are missing.

I own all of the VP history cards, but NTGR and MARR have both gone missing.

I own all of the VP history CDs, but Explorers to 1815 and 1815 to Present are missing.

I own Song School Latin, but the Student Book and CD are missing.

Because one Foerster's Solution Guide went missing last fall, I ordered a new one...yup, it's missing too.

I am ready to throw my hands up and scream, because nothing is where it's supposed to be, and no one knows where it is.

How am I supposed to get things ready for school when things are just gone? I'm having a difficult enough time trying to get organized and things planned and prepped, but this is getting to be too much. It's like a conspiracy or something!

I think your stuff is hanging out with my solutions guide for Saxon geometry and my Apologia General Science book..... I KNOW I had this stuff last month when I placed my order for this fall. I intentionally didn't order these two because I already had them.

I know there is a big curriculum party going on somewhere and we apparently weren't invited :toetap05:

Did you loan them out? I was about to rebuy WWE2, and then remembered I had loaned it to a friend 18 months ago.

Also, take out every. single. book. from the shelf where you think it is. I cannot tell you how many books we have found that way. I have found the missing books shoved inside other books, or (my fave) placed back on the shelf with the spine facing the back of the bookcase.

I'm still nursing, and I stash my curriculum sometimes by the couch to look through when I have that "down" time. I sometimes have to dig though my stacks to find the missing book.

Other times, I shelve it incorrectly. Or it is in the pile on the computer desk. Or it is under my daughters bed. Or I left it on my dresser because it was in my hand as I went to change my clothes and forgot it there. Or next to my bed.

When I get really worried, I start asking my friends if I loaned it to them and forgot about it. My friend does this too, she'd totally forgotten she loaned me the wood pieces and such from HWOT and called to complain that she couldn't find it anywhere.

Let us know if you find it!

Did you loan them out? I was about to rebuy WWE2, and then remembered I had loaned it to a friend 18 months ago.

Also, take out every. single. book. from the shelf where you think it is. I cannot tell you how many books we have found that way. I have found the missing books shoved inside other books, or (my fave) placed back on the shelf with the spine facing the back of the bookcase.

No...I'm pretty certain I didn't loan out this media (DVD/CD). We are cleaning out everything now. The two school book cases have been completely cleaned out. We cleaned the kids' rooms, and underneath the couches over the weekend. I'm going to be working on the family room shelves & cabinets tomorrow. I. am. going. insane. As we clean out (and unpack more boxes), still more things have gone missing. :001_huh:

Make it stop!

I got up this morning, and started working on re-shelving books (putting history with history, science with science), and wouldn't you know it...my list is getting l.o.n.g.e.r.

I still haven't found any of the missing items (under beds have been cleaned out), but I'm discovering more books that are missing.

Cleaning, organizing and de-clutterring is supposed to help me FIND things! :glare:

They are in a rubbermaid tote in the basement/attic/garage mixed in with the xmas decorations after you set them down just for a moment to refill your egg nog and then got distracted and put the xmas decor away right on top of them.

Either that or they are in that super safe place you have to put things in so you don't lose them and then promptly forget that place yourself.

I bought the entire set of level one RS4K with one TE and then each book and lab book. Biology is missing. I have no idea why. I never found the first dvd for Math-U- See pre-Algebra (five years) and finally had to replace it. Stuff regularly goes missing around here and we never find it. On the other hand, I have an entire u-haul box of stuff that doesn't belong to me and I have no idea where it goes. I am sure one or more of my neighbors are driving themselves crazy looking for their stuff.