Menu

Rainbow Resource Center -shipping ?

Staceyshoe

I am gathering final purchases in my shopping cart at Rainbow Resource Center, and I notice the website says "Free Freight for $50." Does this mean that I only need $50 in purchases and not $150 to get free shipping? If so, does anyone know how long that will be the case? (I'm waiting on one last used item to arrive before I hit the "buy" button at RR.)

yes, it's a short deal, but because of the season shipping is taking FOREVER!

It didn't take long for my order to ship. I ordered last Thursday (the 9th) and it shipped the next day. It is scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

Its going to be worth it to pay a little extra for shipping if you can choose your method. They sent my 7/31/12 order by "bound printed matter" (DHL/USPS) and I just got it yesterday. :glare: I would NOT be taking them up on their "free" shipping this close to the school year...and I have one more order to place.

Part of your "shipping time" is if they have your item in stock. (It doesn't matter what the website says, sometimes they don't have it in stock even if it says they do.) They will wait to ship your order if they think it'll come in "soon." Sometimes "soon" is three weeks. Othertimes, it is tomorrow.

Personally, I've had good shipping times. But I know others who have waited a lot longer for their entire order because of one item that RR thought would come in the next day (and it didn't come in for several weeks). They finally shipped the order sans that one item. (This was a couple of years ago.)

Good luck!

Personally, I've had good shipping times. But I know others who have waited a lot longer for their entire order because of one item that RR thought would come in the next day (and it didn't come in for several weeks). They finally shipped the order sans that one item. (This was a couple of years ago.)

Good luck!

Yeah, I was annoyed because all my stuff had said it was in stock when I ordered but a week went by before they even charged me and I couldn't figure out what was going on. The website said they'd hold things up to maybe 5 business days if something wasn't in stock and I'd hit that point. Shipping itself didn't take too long -- I think Tuesday to Saturday -- and by then I had a tracking number to reassure me. When it did arrive, I saw that one of the many math manipulatives hadn't initially been in stock. I wish they would have asked whether I cared about the $2 manipulative enough to hold the $200 just for that.

Yeah, I was annoyed because all my stuff had said it was in stock when I ordered but a week went by before they even charged me and I couldn't figure out what was going on. The website said they'd hold things up to maybe 5 business days if something wasn't in stock and I'd hit that point. Shipping itself didn't take too long -- I think Tuesday to Saturday -- and by then I had a tracking number to reassure me. When it did arrive, I saw that one of the many math manipulatives hadn't initially been in stock. I wish they would have asked whether I cared about the $2 manipulative enough to hold the $200 just for that.

This was my frustration as well. my order was over $200 and only $15 of that is on back order (things that are not vital to starting school) They said they still had to wait 5 business days to ship. So I talked to a supervisor & she said that big orders will go via UPS (not economy or media rate) even if its a free shipping order, which is only 2 shipping days to my state, so it's worth a call to them to see if they will send via ups.