Menu

WWE Question...

MiniBlondes

I'm asking for a friend because I have no idea.

Is it possible to get this and use it for a 1st and 3rd grader? Is so, does she HAVE to get the workbooks as well? Do you have another suggestion for making WWE as cost effective as possible? She's on a tight budget.

Thanks!

Yes it is. I did that my first year. SWB walks you through each year and explains how to pick narration, copywork, and dictation passages. It was very easy to do. I only abandoned it last year when I added another student and didn't have the time browse our books to pick passages. I also just use notebook paper (even while using the workbook since I only buy the PDFs) which keeps the cost down.

She might want to look into buying the workbooks in PDF form if she's worried about planning time. They are inexpensive and non-consummable that way.

I'm asking for a friend because I have no idea.

Is it possible to get this and use it for a 1st and 3rd grader? Is so, does she HAVE to get the workbooks as well? Do you have another suggestion for making WWE as cost effective as possible? She's on a tight budget.

Thanks!

Yes. I only bought the hardcover and plan on using it all four years with my ds. You don't need the workbooks at all. Also, lots of people sell their copy - I got mine from this board for $12 ppd and a friend of mine picked up hers for $8 at a ucs.

If she has access to a library she could do the narrations, dictation and copywork out of just a few books (one at a time) instead of several books. IMO it really is about the process. You can find a variety of sentences and passages in a single well written book.

HTH