Menu

Please Help!! How do I get rid of trojan generic29.GJG??

There's a discussion about this with some possible solutions on the AVG forums:

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=214166

Some viruses are a real pain and require a complex, multi-step removal process with specialized programs. I've had to get rid of a couple of those on dh's laptop. :glare: If, looking at the AVG forums you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, it would probably be worth your time to bring your computer to a pro to have the virus removed. From what I googled, it sounds like a bad one, and if you don't get rid of it could do some real damage.

ETA: Also, try searching for how to remove it on youtube. It looks like there are some videos that will show you step-by-step to remove it. And once it's gone, change all your login info, because it sounds like this virus also steals info from your computer.

Edited by Mergath

There's a discussion about this with some possible solutions on the AVG forums:

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=214166

Some viruses are a real pain and require a complex, multi-step removal process with specialized programs.

@OP IMHO, the above advice is what you should follow! Do what Pokornyz AVG TechBuddy Ambassador shows, on the AVG URL above. Do it slowly and follow the instructions exactly. GL

Thanks for the advice!

I am just going to have a friends tech company fix it for me. I did try some of the suggestions but although I'm good on computers I'm not that great at all that inside code and stuff.

Way too worried about this one stealing my info or hiding out. Thank God I don't actually pay bills on this one anymore because I do that on my laptop so I hope no one got anything important from me.

I am in the process of changing all my passwords and my sons as well.