Menu

nabi ???

TXMary2

• 3 months later...

This is a cut/paste of a post I wrote for someone else:

DD6 has one. I haven't used it at those sites but I haven't had issues at any sites so far, so I wouldn't think it was a problem there either. It has a quad core processer so it is very fast compared to a lot of tablets and runs great! It can even handle a high image site like amazon like a breeze and plays Netflix with no problem (a tiny bit grainy but no problem running it---all of our home sceens are HD so I am used to a crystal clear pix). It really feels durable. Nice sturdy body with a food grade silicone wrap (comes in red but you can buy other colors). The only annoying thing is the back of the Nabi isn't smooth, it has these little sqare nubs that stick out. It isn't a big issue and the purpose will to so it can attach to things like a car head rest (coming soon) and other addons they are coming up with.

There are two seperate 'accounts' so to speak. One is for parents and one for the kids. In the parent mode, you allow access to the apps or websites you want the kids to have access to. You have complete control over where they allowed to go in the kid mode. There are also special features like a chore list that can be modified so you can buy tokens for their apps and they get to earn them in the chore store, and then can use them in the kid mode for thier apps.

I have it set up with Amazon Apps right now, but I don't know if it works with google apps yet or not. There are a lot of work arounds to make programs work on it that don't automatically on the forums for the Nabi.

DD14 plays with it as well and hasn't had any problems either. She is considering getting one for herself.

Sorry gotta run, but if you have more questions let me know and I will try to answer when I get home.

BTW...where is spell check? LOL

I bought another one at Best Buy Wed night for $130. If you live in Portland Oregon, I will be willing to sell it (I found out I don't need it after all :0( )

• 4 weeks later...

This is a cut/paste of a post I wrote for someone else:

DD6 has one. I haven't used it at those sites but I haven't had issues at any sites so far, so I wouldn't think it was a problem there either. It has a quad core processer so it is very fast compared to a lot of tablets and runs great! It can even handle a high image site like amazon like a breeze and plays Netflix with no problem (a tiny bit grainy but no problem running it---all of our home sceens are HD so I am used to a crystal clear pix). It really feels durable. Nice sturdy body with a food grade silicone wrap (comes in red but you can buy other colors). The only annoying thing is the back of the Nabi isn't smooth, it has these little sqare nubs that stick out. It isn't a big issue and the purpose will to so it can attach to things like a car head rest (coming soon) and other addons they are coming up with.

There are two seperate 'accounts' so to speak. One is for parents and one for the kids. In the parent mode, you allow access to the apps or websites you want the kids to have access to. You have complete control over where they allowed to go in the kid mode. There are also special features like a chore list that can be modified so you can buy tokens for their apps and they get to earn them in the chore store, and then can use them in the kid mode for thier apps.

I have it set up with Amazon Apps right now, but I don't know if it works with google apps yet or not. There are a lot of work arounds to make programs work on it that don't automatically on the forums for the Nabi.

DD14 plays with it as well and hasn't had any problems either. She is considering getting one for herself.

Sorry gotta run, but if you have more questions let me know and I will try to answer when I get home.

BTW...where is spell check? LOL

I bought another one at Best Buy Wed night for $130. If you live in Portland Oregon, I will be willing to sell it (I found out I don't need it after all :0( )

Do you still have a Nabi you are willing to sell? I am looking for one. PM me -