Menu

SO: MUS and Math Facts

Patches

I don't think there's a problem with how the facts are presented. In fact, I think it's a strong presentation of the facts, and Mr. Demme always stresses that you should work until mastery.

One of my kids picked up his math facts with no problems & made my life very easty. The other struggled mightily with math facts and we worked forever to get her to a place where she could move on. I don't think it had anything to do with the curriculum we used, but with how she learns.

I agree with the other posters. I think it depends on how your child learns but MUS is very strong on the concepts behind the facts which, IMO, makes learning the facts much easier for most people.

My ds has a very hard time with rote memory so we moved on eventually even though he couldn't automatically answer 8 x 4 = 32. He knew how to multiply conceptually, and he could do it in his head in 20 seconds or less, so we moved on but we always do all the review pages. And of course he got even more practice when he moved on to multiple digit multiplication. Same thing when we did addition and subtraction.