Menu

Honeybees etc.

jenbrdsly

I should NOT have told my DS7 about honeybees dying off. Now he is so upset that he’s twisting his shirt. When will I learn that just because he can understand something intellectually, doesn’t mean he can understand something emotionally?

Argh! I just needed to vent. L

I don't know if this would make your ds feel better or only concern him more, but this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Hive-Detectives-Catastrophe-Scientists/dp/0547152310 gives a great explanation on a child's level. While my dd was upset by what is happening to the bees, she did find it reassuring to know that it is being studied so seriously and that it isn't a crisis w/o advocates searching for answers.

I would recommend pre-reading it if it is something that interests you b/c I would hate for it to upset him even more. :(

I don't know if this would make your ds feel better or only concern him more, but this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Hive-Detectives-Catastrophe-Scientists/dp/0547152310 gives a great explanation on a child's level. While my dd was upset by what is happening to the bees, she did find it reassuring to know that it is being studied so seriously and that it isn't a crisis w/o advocates searching for answers.

I would recommend pre-reading it if it is something that interests you b/c I would hate for it to upset him even more. :(

Thanks for the tip.

:hugs: I totally get it. I found out that something I ordered for dd the other day was shipped to the wrong address and she had full hysterics that her math was sent to the wrong address. I understand completely how you feel about the asynchrony

:hugs: I totally get it. I found out that something I ordered for dd the other day was shipped to the wrong address and she had full hysterics that her math was sent to the wrong address. I understand completely how you feel about the asynchrony

Now I'm also upset that your math was sent to the wrong house. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks all for listening.

Now I'm also upset that your math was sent to the wrong house. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks all for listening.

Lol, they sent it expedited and it got here only a couple days after it would've anyway since I chose media/slow shipping so yeah not a huge deal at all and I explained that and she just sobbed for about 30 minutes.