Menu

Why is there a RED dot next to my name?

M&M

Did I do something wrong? I have this lonely little green square and now this!!!

SIgh....WTM board used to be so simple, now there are rep points, and squares and dots, and you have to do the invisibility thingy or people can follow you...

I am sooo confuuuuused :confused1:

Actually, the red dot should mean that you've at some point made yourself invisible to the board, meaning that people cannot see your name in the list of people currently online, they cannot click on your name & see what other threads you are visiting etc. What I want to know though is if everyone else can see my red dot or is it for my eyes only & appears gray for everyone else. Jacqui

Actually, the red dot should mean that you've at some point made yourself invisible to the board, meaning that people cannot see your name in the list of people currently online, they cannot click on your name & see what other threads you are visiting etc. What I want to know though is if everyone else can see my red dot or is it for my eyes only & appears gray for everyone else. Jacqui

Well, you learn something new everyday! By the way, your dot is gray.:001_smile:

I only have 32 and they are all green. Would neg rep be listed with the positive?

You mean the big dot next to your name on your posts? I think that means you're invisible.

Neg rep shows up red right along with your positive, green rep. I'm glad yours is all positive :D

The one right next to your name in the posts tells whether you're online or not.

Is that the one you mean?

Like, right now I see the dot next to your name as grey, so your not currently cruising the forums. Dayle's is green, so she's here. I don't recall what red is.

I'm pretty sure there's a discussion about this in the How To and Testing area. If I were a good person I would go look it up and link it, but I need to go start supper, since mostly I'm here to avoid housework and the time has come when I've GOT to do something.

You mean the big dot next to your name on your posts? I think that means you're invisible.

Neg rep shows up red right along with your positive, green rep. I'm glad yours is all positive :D

I guess there is some benefit to not hanging around here too much. Not much good rep, but no bad rep either.

No, I am on-line right now. So grey must mean something else.

When you're in invisible mode your dot will always appear grey to others. For people who are not in invisible mode, their dot will be green when they're online and grey when they're offline. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :001_smile:

I'm online right now too and as the other posters told me my dot looks gray to them right now but it looks red to me. You are the only one who can see the red. I clicked on your name & cannot see what post you are currently reading which is what your red dot means. It stays gray to not let people know exactly when you are online. I have not seen anyone else with a red dot that I could see. I only see a gray dot next to yours as well even though you are pretty obviously online ;o)