Menu

Jeremy Renner

Was Bourne Legacy better than MI or Avengers?

Not really. It was entertaining to be sure, but not worth theater prices. While Mr. Renner gets more screen time in The Bourne Legacy, I think his talent was utilized more in MI.

I'm still cracking up over the "the storyline was good, I hear" comment. :D

He makes me laugh. But let me explain first. My daughters - aged 15 and 17- think he's cute/good looking/whatever. But they think I'm old. The funny thing is, he is days - 9 days - younger than I am!

They think Chris O'Donnell is cute. He is only 6 months younger than I am. But I am old!

But yes, I also appreciate the way these men look! :)

You know, I typed in "actors in their 40s" into the search engine and while many on the list had very similar facial features, not all of them held that 'Wowza!' factor for me.

I can see where Jeremy Renner, Daniel Craig, and Jason Bateman could be seen as similar but I'm just not that thrilled about the last two.

Edited by scrapbookbuzz

We will see The Bourne Legacy but I don't know how he could even begin to compare to Matt Damon as Bourne. ;)

:iagree: Matt Damon is what did it for me in those movies. I don't know if I want to see this one. And I'm sorry, but the new guy does not do it for me. Maybe we'll see it on DVD.

Ugh, no! He's no Matt Damon and is lacking in the rugged facial features required of an action hero.

But see, I think that's WHY I like him in this role. He seems a 'regular guy' and still gets to do these amazing things. Personally, I don't like some of the 'classic dashing & debonaire' types cast in many intrigue movies. Yeah, a James Bond fan, I'm not. (Ducking the throwing of rotten tomatoes . . .) :D

Really? Huh. I never thought of Jason Bateman.

I am only 5'2" so...yeah...tall guys don't do it for me.

I am just a tad taller than him (he is 5'9" I think) and I always felt gangly and huge with anyone shorter than me so it's one of the first superficial things I notice. I don't even need that much taller than me, just a bit. My husband is just a hair over 6' and that works a-ok. I am oddly, the shortest female person in my family. My mother was 6', my sister and grandmother 5'11, my great grandmother 6'1. If only the WNBA opened sooner, right?

I liked his character in The Avengers a lot.

while his arms are yummy, I find his face squishy adorable. He reminds me of some of the guys I hung out with in high school, someone you could just be buddies with and joke around together.

Yes, he's attainably hot. Like, you wouldn't have to just sit there and drool.

And I'm 5'2", so I don't care if he's not super tall. Tall guys freak me out a bit.

Oh, and saw it this evening for my birthday. Yum.

Good morning! I figured out why I enjoy watching Jeremy so much. In many ways, he resembles my husband!

It's true. My husband is taller (6'2") and a couple of years older than Jeremy, but many of their facial features are the same. When my husband was in the military, his arms were 'yummy' too. :D

Saw

tonight. I thought it was a well-done movie, esp. as the 4th in a series where they're introducing more/new characters & expanding the storyline. Dh & I both give it a thumbs up.

Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz, & Edward Norton were fab, imo.

ETA: And for those that have seen it.... Man, I thought it was hard to give a cat a pill! I've since revised my opinion. :lol:

Edited by Stacia

• 2 weeks later...