Menu

quick, I need to book a reservation at a Disney resturant

That's what I was thinking. We're not interested in using points for a cruise or an Adventures by Disney trip...the amount of points they're asking for those is ridiculous. It would be cheaper to pay out of pocket. So, all we're really interested in would be the villas at WDW or Disneyland. We're also not opposed to using them at Disney's Vero Beach, Hilton Head or Aulani resorts either. :D Checking the points charts, those seem very reasonably "priced". Of course, Aulani's points are expensive, but that's to be expected.

On the resale market, OKW is going for an average of $55 per point and Saratoga for about $63. BLT is around $91 per point. So all things being equal, we'd get much more bang for our buck at OKW as a home resort. And points are just points with DVC, right? Except for the ability to book at your home resort earlier than at others, they're all the same? Or have I missed something? LOL

Nope, you've nailed it. Just make sure if you go for an OKW contract, that it has the longer end date, as there's the original end date, and an extension date by about 10? years.

Depending on the time of year you go, it can be extremely easy to get a villa elsewhere at the 7 month mark or virtually impossible. Keep in mind that high demand DVC weeks don't match up with high demand cash weeks at cash resorts. If you look at the points charts, high demand DVC weeks often coincide with lowest points. Folks like to eek out maximum bang for the buck. :)

Nope, you've nailed it. Just make sure if you go for an OKW contract, that it has the longer end date, as there's the original end date, and an extension date by about 10? years.

Depending on the time of year you go, it can be extremely easy to get a villa elsewhere at the 7 month mark or virtually impossible. Keep in mind that high demand DVC weeks don't match up with high demand cash weeks at cash resorts. If you look at the points charts, high demand DVC weeks often coincide with lowest points. Folks like to eek out maximum bang for the buck. :)

LOL...I noticed that. We usually travel in the spring, but I would definitely be adding another trip (or two) with DVC. Right now, I'm a little trapped by university calendars...for the next three years anyway...if my oldest kids want to come (and they always do...they're as crazy about Disney as I am), but I'm thinking I would sneak in a trip or two without them (shh!) if we had DVC.

We do not want to finance it, so I need to save a bit more to make sure I have every single possible cost covered, and then we're going to go for it.

Thanks for the advice!!!