Menu

Does it bother you when people delete your comments?

I'm thinking Facebook here. Does it bug you when people post something on their own wall that is relatively controversial, yet when you respond with a well thought out opinion of your own (mind you, NOT bashing the OP and stating up front that you respect their opinion) they up and delete it?

I get that it's their own personal wall and they can do what they like; however, it just seems so childish. Like, I can't think of any intelligent response so I'm just going to delete your opinion like it never happened.

Does this bug anyone else?

No. It's their space. Everyone they know will see what you say. I deleted some comments my family left on something I said because THEY took something small and made it controversial. Most people aren't looking for a debate, they are just sharing their thoughts.

You can share yours in your status. And tag them in it. Then they can't delete it LOL.

I'd first assume that either I didn't actually post it, or that FB lost it. Occasionally, it will take a few hours to show up too.

Has it happened more than once? One more than one person's board? If so, they might have taken your comments as bashing regardless of your intent.

I posted something awhile back where I expressly stated, "Please do not respond on my wall. If you want to discuss, post on your own wall." I had two people, two!, comment negatively, and one added, "I didn't know you were so closed-minded."

Yep, that's me. :glare: (Not.)

Sometimes people just want to vent or just want to be agreed with.

I'd first assume that either I didn't actually post it, or that FB lost it. Occasionally, it will take a few hours to show up too.

Has it happened more than once? One more than one person's board? If so, they might have taken your comments as bashing regardless of your intent.

No, I'm positive that it was deleted. It showed up yesterday, it notified me when there were "likes" etc. Then, this morning I was notified that there was another post on the thread but mine was gone. She has deleted others that she hasn't agreed with in the past, though I don't think it was any of mine.

You're right, some people just want to be agreed with and overwhelmingly, that's what she was getting. I just offered my own view, which is markedly different, and she clearly didn't want it there. The part that bugs me is that there were people responding to me and THIS was my reply to THEM; now it just looks like I'm the one who turned tail and ran without responding. KWIM? It's really not the end of the world though, and it certainly won't ruin my day. :D It's just FB after all.

I rarely post on controversial subjects on FB. For me, it's more important to keep the peace with my "friends" then get into a FB back-and-forth. People who know me well can pretty much guess where I stand on the biggies. I totally get why others like to post respectfully on heated topics, but that's just not something I'm comfortable with.

All that to say, if I stepped out and actually posted an opposing opinion on someone else's wall, I'd probably be upset but not surprised if it got deleted.