Menu

A friend's 4 year old ds died.

I'm really sad right now. A four year old boy my ds and I know from the hospital died last week. He had sickle cell. He got a fever and cough and just didn't get better. This little boy was a lot like my son. He was playful and full of life. His mom was very attentive to his needs and very careful with his medical care, but his body couldn't fight the acute chest. She took him to the ER with a cough and a fever. He got sick very quickly and was admitted to the ICU. In less then 2 weeks he died.

His mom says they are praising the Lord that he is in heaven now. I can't imagine how they must feel. She was by his side in the hospital. I am trying not to compare him to my ds, but it is hard not to. This is the first one of his friends who has died, and he died from something my ds has battled so many times and is so vulnerable to. My heart is heavy today.

I'm really sad right now. A four year old boy my ds and I know from the hospital died last week. He had sickle cell. He got a fever and cough and just didn't get better. This little boy was a lot like my son. He was playful and full of life. His mom was very attentive to his needs and very careful with his medical care, but his body couldn't fight the acute chest. She took him to the ER with a cough and a fever. He got sick very quickly and was admitted to the ICU. In less then 2 weeks he died.

His mom says they are praising the Lord that he is in heaven now. I can't imagine how they must feel. She was by his side in the hospital. I am trying not to compare him to my ds, but it is hard not to. This is the first one of his friends who has died, and he died from something my ds has battled so many times and is so vulnerable to. My heart is heavy today.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry, Cathy.

A four year old boy is such a heartbreakingly lovely piece of work that it's painful to think about one suffering in anyway (girls too of course!).

I'm so sorry for you and for that Mom and for her precious boy and for everyone affected by this tragedy. How incredibly sad.

I can't even imagine the grief.

The only reason I have not lost it myself today - with Missy (my horse) being killed - is because I keep thinking, "How do the mothers of dead children survive their grief?"

My dd is alive and healthy.

I am so sorry for this close to home death.

(((Cathy))) I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your friend. I am glad he is with Jesus now.

:grouphug:

How could you not compare? It's just too close to your circumstance. Yet, it's NOT your circumstance. I know you will kiss your little boy today, and smell his fuzzy head, and praise the heavens for each moment you have with him. That is a beautiful thing to realize.

I'm sorry for your sadness, for this loss, for the thoughts it brings, and for your dear friends who must be grieving so.

{{{Cathy}}}

peace be with you, your ds and the boys family.:grouphug: