Menu

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn--great book

What a great read! I saw it on Amazon and checked our library's e book collection and they had it. And, while it was out, there was no one on the waiting list. I read it in one weekend. By the time I gave it back (I returned it early), there were 5 people on the waiting list. I bet it's even longer now. I'm glad I got it early.

The book was not only a well told story, it was well written.

Well I guess I'll be the lone dissenter, I didn't like it. The beginning and most of the middle was good but the last third of the book was terrible and way too predictable.

I was just coming on here to talk about the ending. I loved it but another message board that I'm on is full of women who hated the ending. I love books that don't neatly tie it all up at the end and I don't read "feel good" books so maybe that is the difference??

They had to end up together. They were so perfectly, horribly matched. I feel bad for Go who, more or less, lost her last relative. And of course for the poor baby. Though I imagine Nick and Amy putting on a front and looking very much like her parents to outsiders and even their child.

I felt dirty and disturbed when I finished reading and I think that was the point. Art doesn't always have to make you feel good; it should make you feel something.

I read Gone Girl & a couple of others by Flynn. Just returned Sharp Objects today. They were all disturbing, but nevertheless I just couldn't walk away. I'm glad it's over. I read them. I'm done. They were all very strange in a very captivating sort of way.

I'm with a PP about the ending~it was crazy!! But when I thought about it later, there really was no better way to end that twisted of a story. The characters were just so flawed, it's not like they could be fixed & then wrapped up & finished off with a bow.

I saw the words Judy Clock today & CRINGED inside. I will never view 'Judy' the same. Ever. It will always be a psycho word to me from now on.

I was just coming on here to talk about the ending. I loved it but another message board that I'm on is full of women who hated the ending. I love books that don't neatly tie it all up at the end and I don't read "feel good" books so maybe that is the difference??

They had to end up together. They were so perfectly, horribly matched. I feel bad for Go who, more or less, lost her last relative. And of course for the poor baby. Though I imagine Nick and Amy putting on a front and looking very much like her parents to outsiders and even their child.

I felt dirty and disturbed when I finished reading and I think that was the point. Art doesn't always have to make you feel good; it should make you feel something.

I was just hoping for a different ending, not necessarily a happy one just different. I was actually hoping he would kill her. He was no stellar husband but I don't think he deserved a nut like her.