Menu

Flashcard Apps

I'm looking for a flashcard app for the iPad. I prefer one that uses the Leitner Box or some other kind of system that weeds out cards as they are learned. I would also like one where we can enter the info from our laptop and then access it on the iPad. Any suggestions?

I like the Anki system a lot. Works on the phone, desktop, ipad, web, can show text or images or sounds. Handy to sneak learning in during car trips and other lost moments.

I second Anki. The desktop version is free and syncs up with the $25 (when I bought it) iPad app. Make sure you set up a free Ankiweb and Dropbox account to get photos to sync properly.

I thought $25 was a bit pricey for an app, but we use it on the iPad way more than we ever would on the computer itself.

Flashcards+ is definitely the way to go!

It is free, works on iPad or touch, and accesses the quizlet database! You can search quizlet right from the app for lists, upload your own lists to quizlet, direct enter lists, or whatever.

It has lots of features, and you can filter for known or unknown words.

I love it, and it has DRAMATICALLY improved vocab memorization for my dc since I put it on all of their touches a few months ago and taught them how to use it. They really, really like it!

Super quick to learn, free, awesome.