Menu

Lively Latin...is there a good way to set it up ahead of time?

truebluexf

I was really planning on printing it in chunks and having it spiral bound...but it doesn't look like it's set up to be done that way. Any solutions? Maybe print it all up and organize then bind? Is this a feasible way to work through it?

(I was really hoping to avoid loose papers everywhere this year...lol)

Edited by truebluexf

I was really planning on printing it in chunks and having it spiral bound...but it doesn't look like it's set up to be done that way. Any solutions? Maybe print it all up and organize then bind? Is this a feasible way to work through it?

We do like she suggests. We print in color on one side only and three hole punch the pages, set up the dividers in a three ring notebook, and then place all the pages in the very front of the binder. As a page is completed, we file it behind the appropriate divider. Easy peasy. :001_smile: If you do it this way, then you have all the completed pages organized by category and it makes it so easy to refer to when you need to find a particular piece of info.

It does not work well to print it double sided or do any kind of permanent binding ahead of time.

I set it up as suggested in this thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=368529&highlight=latin+print

This worked for us very well and we were able to print double sided. I am not using a binder but am binding our books together in sections. If I didn't double side this would be enormous! I am doing this latin program with both my children and I didn't want three monster-sized books! The printing worked out great and now I have a schedule too!

We do like she suggests. We print in color on one side only and three hole punch the pages, set up the dividers in a three ring notebook, and then place all the pages in the very front of the binder. As a page is completed, we file it behind the appropriate divider. Easy peasy. :001_smile: If you do it this way, then you have all the completed pages organized by category and it makes it so easy to refer to when you need to find a particular piece of info.

It does not work well to print it double sided or do any kind of permanent binding ahead of time.

:iagree:

I set it up as suggested in this thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=368529&highlight=latin+print

This worked for us very well and we were able to print double sided. I am not using a binder but am binding our books together in sections. If I didn't double side this would be enormous! I am doing this latin program with both my children and I didn't want three monster-sized books! The printing worked out great and now I have a schedule too!

Glad this was helpful to you! Yes, this would work.

*sigh* Now I need to get to work doing the same thing for LL2 . . .

Yeah, that is what I am getting, but not in color. I just went to the FAQ and she says basically b&w should be no problem.

"19. Can I print it in black and white? Though it’s not quite as inviting, you can print about 90% of the book in black and white. You should look ahead to each lesson, though, as you will want to print the art pictures in color."

I'm slowly working my way through printing these out- trying not to print too much at once, but we are trying to set it up the way she suggests. Anyway, I found that a lot of the teacher's answers sections can easily be printed in B&W. I didn't want to spend a fortune on color printing either;)

Paula

I'm slowly working my way through printing these out- trying not to print too much at once, but we are trying to set it up the way she suggests. Anyway, I found that a lot of the teacher's answers sections can easily be printed in B&W. I didn't want to spend a fortune on color printing either;)

Paula

I don't print the answer keys at all; I just grade them at the computer or on my ipad. (If you put the file in Dropbox, it's available on all of your computers/ipad/ipod/android devices/etc).

(I was really hoping to avoid loose papers everywhere this year...lol)

I just print it in semester-long chunks, double-sided, and comb-bind it. I know that's not what she suggests, but I don't really care about having separate vocab, history, and grammar books. I don't like messing around with ring binders, so once I got my comb-binder I started comb-binding everything, lol. That way DD has a short stack of workbooks, and she can just "do the next thing" in LL, MM, handwriting, etc.

Jackie

don't print the answer keys at all; I just grade them at the computer or on my ipad. (If you put the file in Dropbox, it's available on all of your computers/ipad/ipod/android devices/etc).

Brilliant! I'm going to do this from now on!

Paula

This worked for us very well and we were able to print double sided.

:iagree:

Yes! I did this as well, double-sided, b&w except for the art study pages. I print them out 1 chapter at a time and file the way she suggests in a 3-ring binder. It's working out really well.

I figured this was the one program I had to print out for my oldest and to make it easier on myself I would print the whole thing in color. I got through lesson 5 and started to rethink that plan. It's so much ink!

Do you use the "Fast Draft" mode? It's really quick and uses vastly less ink than the "standard" mode. The colors are a little lighter, but it's no big deal.

Jackie

I don't print the answer keys at all; I just grade them at the computer or on my ipad. (If you put the file in Dropbox, it's available on all of your computers/ipad/ipod/android devices/etc).

I emailed it to my kindle & have DD mark her own work. Saves me time & she pays more attention to what she got right/wrong than if I just hand her it back marked.