Menu

The last field trip...

Once Upon a time there was a little boy who took his mother on many field trips to caverns in VA. He loved geology. He loved every bit of science his mother could give him.

Today, the mother and her little boy ( 6 ft plus) spent the day in Carlsbad Caverns. The mother got to see her little boy excited by a cave again just like when he was 6.

The little boy reports to New Mexico Military Institute on Wed.--his first step towards a military career he hopes to attain.

The last field trip. It was so much fun. We might go to Ruidoso tomorrow, but visiting the caverns makes it full circle, little boy to young man.

Congrats to you and your son. What a beautiful memory. I had my own teary moment yesterday ... and my college-bound son wasn't even with me. Dd and I were in the car listening to some old CD's. Loggins and Messina's House at Pooh Corner came on. I remembered singing it to my son all the time because he went on a jag where Pooh was all he wanted me to read to him. I so wished he was in the car with us. I had to stop singing and wipe the tears spilling over my cheeks so that I could drive.