Menu

Poll: Cami by itself = shirt or undershirt?

Camisole by itself = shirt or undershirt?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Camisole by itself = shirt or undershirt?

• shirt
    • undershirt
    • other
    • Mrs. Mungo for President!

I agree that some are more shirty, but I voted undershirt because most of them look for undershirtish. Y'all don't want me as president. It would end with me punching someone (probably Putin) in the face.

Oh please, punch him in the face for us, please, please, please!!!! I'd watch the nightly news in order to see the replay and I haven't done that in a decade!

I voted Mrs. Mungo for president because I couldn't help myself. As for cami's, for the most part I consider then undershirts. However, I do have some very beautiful ones that are not low cut and while I would not wear them alone because I hate the bra strap thing, I would definitely wear them with my denim jacket or even my black velvet stretch jacket.

Faith

Other. Depends on both the cami itself, and the wearer.

Some camis are clearly/sheerly meant to only be a layer under another shirt that has no business being a shirt on its own. Others are more shirt than two sheer layers combined.

I believe that certain body types can wear a cami as a shirt, and others should not.

And to further complicate things: depends on the rest of the outfit. Thick-fabric cami with built-in bra on a girl who barely needs one, not shrink-wrap tight with longer shorts, a flowing skirt, or jeans? Probably OK. Not likely OK with those super-short denim underpants that pass as shorts- worn with the zipper open and the waist rolled down to make them even shorter. :glare:

These cami's not like the links that people have posted. These were found in the underwear section of Target which I guess bolsters the argument for undershirt!

With this as the missing data, I vote undershirt in this case.

But...

With clothing constantly evolving, you almost have to make a case by case determination. Camis have been breeding with tanks and their offspring is quite difficult to pin down as under or outer wear. :D

I wear the ones with the built-in bra things. At home and if I take the boys outside or for a walk, it's a shirt. I throw a tank top over it if I'm going somewhere greater than walking distance.

I might be more interested in politics if we had boxing matches instead of treaties and the loser buys the beer.

These cami's not like the links that people have posted. These were found in the underwear section of Target which I guess bolsters the argument for undershirt!

In that case, undershirt.

I also wasn't thinking of the little lacy things. I dont even think I've seen those much. I was thinking just a spaghetti strap shirt or other sleeveless shirt with straps too thin to wear a regular bra with. That is how I ws defining cami...

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I do not know where I have been hiding out, but I never have thought of camis as underwear until I read the other thread earlier today. I have often lived in hot coastal or desert regions and I do not have daughters...so this may contribute to my lack of exposure to the cami=underwear mentality. So do you all mean it is like a slip for torsos?

98% of the time we wear them under something. The girls can wear them alone (oldest with a bra) when they are at gymnastics. There were a few days this summer that I allowed them to wear them alone. We hit 110 or something close to it, and we always have HIGH humidity.